file Which decktype do you most hate to see in a tournament?

Poll: Hated tournament decks (was ended 0000-00-00 00:00:00)

Total number of voters: 0
Only registered users can participate to this poll
06 May 2012 04:23 #29456 by Ohlmann

I voted for combat decks. Essentially because i play a lot of ally combat decks of various type (vozhd, nephandus, rock cats) that really suck against bruise bleed or a more dedicated combat.

Conversely, when I play combat I am often very frustrated by ally deck that just won't die.

In my humble opinion, the main problem of ally deck tend to be deck able to steal ally. Like with :DOM:. Since in addition to be the better oust discipline, it's also a toolbox with redirection, ally stealing, vampire stealing, and whatnot :p

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
06 May 2012 04:32 #29457 by brandonsantacruz
I most hate seeing Imbued. Kill them and then play your game.

Be careful when you fight the monsters, lest you become one.
-Friedrich Nietzsche

brandonsantacruz.blogspot.com/

More
06 May 2012 05:26 #29463 by Ashur

But Toolboxes without bounce includ but are not limited to: Gangrel, !gangrel, akunanse, nos, !nos, brujah, !brujah, etc etc.

Yes, and this shows that bounce are very dominant in most tournament metas. I think the Design Team has a real challenge here, to make decks without bounce more playable at tournaments, yet maintaining the themes of the disciplines and clans.

"My strategy? Luck is my strategy, of course."

More
06 May 2012 05:41 - 06 May 2012 05:43 #29467 by Azel

But Toolboxes without bounce includ but are not limited to: Gangrel, !gangrel, akunanse, nos, !nos, brujah, !brujah, etc etc.

Yes, and this shows that bounce are very dominant in most tournament metas. I think the Design Team has a real challenge here, to make decks without bounce more playable at tournaments, yet maintaining the themes of the disciplines and clans.

I disagree. I disagree about it being a design challenge and it being so important to maintain discipline + clan themes. And at the very least errata off the blood cost of Lost in Translation by now. It's over due. Time to end this game being so calcified.
Last edit: 06 May 2012 05:43 by Azel.

More
06 May 2012 05:56 #29469 by Ashur

I disagree about it being a design challenge and it being so important to maintain discipline + clan themes. And at the very least errata off the blood cost of Lost in Translation by now. It's over due. Time to end this game being so calcified.

How is your reasoning behind this? In a game with thousands of cards, do you think it´s good if every discipline/vamp could do just about anything? I need a bit of calcification to be able to anticipate the table.

I think there are plenty of design space too make non-bouncing vamps more competative _without_ giving everyone they´re own bounce, and I know the Design Team have ideas about this.

"My strategy? Luck is my strategy, of course."

More
06 May 2012 06:10 #29472 by alek
wall decks, as well tupdogs and una freak show. Generally decks that don't let other players to play

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.101 seconds