file Which decktype do you most hate to see in a tournament?

Poll: Hated tournament decks (was ended 0000-00-00 00:00:00)

Total number of voters: 0
Only registered users can participate to this poll
06 May 2012 07:34 #29475 by Surreal

How is your reasoning behind this? In a game with thousands of cards, do you think it´s good if every discipline/vamp could do just about anything? I need a bit of calcification to be able to anticipate the table.

I wouldn't be so worried about this. Now there is problem when some discplines are for support, combat or ousting etc. Some clans just get the bad ones which doesn't match at all, like getting 3 support discplines. Do you think in a game with thousands of cards it is good to have huge amounts wallpaper cards?

Some discplines could use better offensive or defensive cards. Doesn't have to copy Deflection and Govern but something that fits for the displines. And speaking about discplines that does everything I think dominate does already totally everything what a good decks needs.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
06 May 2012 07:49 #29479 by derjudge
Madness Network/Reversal of fortunes.

More
06 May 2012 09:02 #29489 by ReverendRevolver
why does everyone hate imbued? they're either mediocre to barely playable when built poorly, and they are table poison that everyone with some semblance of a cerebral cortex gets off the table if built well.

i hate stealthbleed at tournaments. i'm always happy when playing combat with dom and i torp and graverob 1 or 2 big vamps from a stealthbleed predator.

my absolute most despised deck to see in a tournament is a really terrible deck cross table. if its built poorly, you have a useless grand predator (making your game all defense if really bad) or a weak grand prey (meaning you have to kick your preys teeth in and stop them from getting an easy 6 pool, hoping to get through them and into an easy 6 pool yourself.)
if a bad/ annoying combo deck is cross table, and the players an idiot, you have to conspire with the players on either side of you (not a terrible strategy, but someones gonna stab someones back...).
in a 4 player, a bad crosstable makes me want to ask if i should have broght a deck for my crosstable too.....

More
06 May 2012 09:31 #29498 by Klaital
Only decks I hate are the ones that aren't listed there, 'Girls' type decks that just bloat stupid amounts without doing much anything forward.
The following user(s) said Thank You: brandonsantacruz, Boris The Blade, Ohlmann

More
06 May 2012 12:59 #29523 by Ankha
Turbo Una

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director

More
06 May 2012 13:43 - 06 May 2012 13:43 #29528 by Izaak
The question is "what decktype do you hate". Not "which decktype do you find most annoying when it's played or built poorly".

I think it's pretty evident that decks that sit like lumps, gain pool and do nothing are annoying. That's not an archtype tho. The Girls... archtype does, contrary to popular believe by those who didn't extensively play it *not* only gain pool. Yes, you can build it like that and then you'd have a bad deck, similar to how you can pilot a totally retarded Beast rush deck with 70 red cards.

Don't confuse "I hate that deck" with "I hate it when people play stupid decks" or "I hate that awful player unless he's my predator/prey".

That said, I voted Imbued for the same reason I voted Direct Intervention - they disrupt the game.

Their mechanics are different, they don't interact well with actual vampire cards and you either can't do anything to them or you completely roll them over.
Last edit: 06 May 2012 13:43 by Izaak.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.121 seconds