file EC 2012 Budapest - FRIDAY Side Event Poll

Poll: What side event would you prefer on FRIDAY of EC 2012 Budapest? (was ended 0000-00-00 00:00:00)

Total number of voters: 0
Only registered users can participate to this poll
10 May 2012 18:22 #29944 by Squidalot
Also there's no reason you can't run multiple side events (it's been done before) if players are keen and motivated
The following user(s) said Thank You: milcsix

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 May 2012 19:11 #29958 by Izaak

Is that because you suck at draft isaak?

In fact, I do yes. I personally don't really like draft so never bothered to get better at it. :)

thank you for your comment, we appreciate the need of a prestigious constructed competition.

The Legendary Vampire needs a current ranking which is not available at the moment and not guaranteed it will be available in november.

Yes, this is an issue. This is also why I suspect in Paris the tournament was a bit more prestigeous and people didn't decline spots. It's the reason I declined in Warsaw too. Without a ranking you can't make a proper LV tournament.

Anyway in Warsaw a lot of invited players did not attend to the Legendary Vampire competition.

Partly because people just weren't there and partly because of the lack of a ranking. In Paris I believe 22 of the 25 top ranked people at that time were actually at the EC.

(Moreover I think we should provide a side event for those who dont want to play on LCQ but are not invited to Legendary.)

If this group consists of at least 15-20 players, then sure you should. I'm just saying I doubt this group is sufficiently large. I mean, if 20 people that are already qualified REALLY want to draft then organize a draft tournament.

I'm just not too sure there will actually be enough players to support a draft event, a LCQ *and* a second side-event.

We gonna design the "Nations' Cup" as a prestigious constructed competition for Friday and come back soon.

This is an excellent idea. Anything that gets qualified people out of the LCQ is good in my book.

Again, I cannot attend this year unfortunately so take my opinion just as that - an opinion.

More
11 May 2012 05:53 #29981 by Lönkka

Without a ranking you can't make a proper LV tournament.

Ah, tish tosh...

I think things went well enough in Warsaw and LV there.
Besides, you are unfortunately never gonna get the top 25 players attending the same tournament/event.

Finnish :POT: Politics!

• Lönkka
  • Antediluvian
  • Antediluvian
  • War=peace, freedom=slavery, ignorance=strength
More
17 May 2012 19:20 #30661 by Hakuron
"Cup of Nations" sounds really interesting: go for it! :woohoo:
(Nevertheless, LV would be fine, too.)

:tore:

National Coordinator Germany
nc [dot] germany [at] magenta [dot] de

More
21 May 2012 20:14 #30886 by milcsix
Hi guys

please check the new discussion topic here about the Nations' Cup at EC 2012 Budapest:

vekn.net/index.php/forum/5-generic-vtes-discussion/30885-nations-cup-at-ec-2012-budapest#30885

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.095 seconds