question-circle EC 2012 Budapest - "Nations' Cup" side event for Friday poll

Poll: Would you attend to the "Nations' Cup" at Friday of 2012 EC Budapest? (Rules can be read below.) (was ended 0000-00-00 00:00:00)

Total number of voters: 0
Only registered users can participate to this poll
26 May 2012 05:43 #31213 by milcsix
Dear Kindred

Please help us organizing EC 2012 Budapest by answering this poll!
We would like to see if you are welcoming or not a new type of tournament called "Nations' Cup".

Here it is the design of "Nations' Cup" on Friday of EC 2012 Budapest which could replace the Legendary Vampire Tournament if that one is not applicable.

The goal is to organize a prestigious constructed tournament (like Legendary Vampire) at the EC 2012 Budapest.

Rules:
Each country can register 3 (exactly 3) players.
(It is to each country's playgroup to agree in those 3 players. If a country cannot agree and for example 4 players are registering from a country then that country is not allowed to play.)

Each country can register 1 team as a maximum.

The organizers guarantee that there will be no table with 2 (or even 3) players of the same country. (So the players will not sit totally randomized and some "archon magic" required)

After the 3 preliminary rounds we summarize the GWs/VPs/Tps by country and this way we will get the current "country standings".

The top 5 countries of the "country standings" will play in the final.
Each country will delegate 1 player to the final. The delegate can be elected automatically by the standings after the 3rd round or may be chosen by his/her team - it is not decided yet. The delegate will play his/her own deck or he/she can choose any deck of his team - it is not decided yet.

The winner's team of the final will win the "Nations' Cup of EC 2012 Budapest" (so a team is the winner not a single person).

(Maybe a country can register 2 players instead of 3 with some penalty - it is not decided yet.)

Thanks in advance: Milan, EC 2012 Event Director

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
26 May 2012 05:49 #31215 by milcsix
The deadline of the poll is 3rd of June. Thanks!

More
27 May 2012 16:10 #31250 by Silmegil
I have voted for LCQ but that is just because I am not qualified for the main event yet - if I manage that before EC, I would gladly participate - although I wouldn't probably be chosen as one of TOP 3 players...

More
28 May 2012 16:49 #31293 by Joscha
If by some miracle I manage to win the ("/$%"=($/ Qualifier-Shirt before the EC I'd love to attend the Nation's Cup.

Baron of Frankfurt

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.078 seconds