question-circle Pentex Subversion Poll #2 and Discussion

Poll: Possible fixes for Pentex Subversion (was ended 0000-00-00 00:00:00)

Total number of voters: 0
Only registered users can participate to this poll
14 Mar 2014 08:06 #59934 by Timo

Removing Pentex would only strenghten that kind of decks in that case.

It wouldn't strengthen those kinds of decks, it would make them equal with all the other decks that don't have easy hosers.

I can't agree. Big-cap vampire are generally better than small vampires (I mean obviously). Their counterpart is mostly their cost (again, obviously).

BUT : now they have villein (Arika/unnamed/whatever are still very threatening with 4 bloods instead of 10+ and you know what, there is some very viable options to refill them). AND they have enkil cog and "suddenly" (I mean in 2008) your big and very strong minion can be a LOT more threatening by bypassing is inability to bleed you for 10 more than once each turn.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 Mar 2014 08:35 #59935 by Juggernaut1981
It then becomes about expendable resources.

A 8+ cap vampire is more powerful. They also represent a larger total of your own resources AND are less expendable. The deck will also have a diversity of tools to exploit the diversity of options for the vampire.

A Weenie will no doubt have a deck designed to exploit their limited disciplines. They will usually have one or two options and they will do them moderately well. If they are smashed, they can be ignored and replaced.

:bruj::CEL::POT::PRE::tha: Baron of Sydney, Australia, 418

More
14 Mar 2014 08:41 #59936 by Timo

It then becomes about expendable resources.

A 8+ cap vampire is more powerful. They also represent a larger total of your own resources AND are less expendable. The deck will also have a diversity of tools to exploit the diversity of options for the vampire.

A Weenie will no doubt have a deck designed to exploit their limited disciplines. They will usually have one or two options and they will do them moderately well. If they are smashed, they can be ignored and replaced.

Yes of course. And the idea here is to limit the actual possibilities to "smash" them. And actually, it is REALLY doable to have your pentex removed. It is a LOT more difficult when it is "decapitate" ^^

More
14 Mar 2014 09:37 #59937 by alek
are there any new reasons to resurect this topic?
do we have any new cards that make Pentex stronger than before or are there any new decks which dominate the metagame where pentex plays a major role?
Pentex was discussed many times and it was decided to not change anything. There was as well poll on the forum that showed that majority doesn't wan't to change it.
Of course it's free to discuss again and again. But if nothing changed, there are no new arguments than it seems totally pointless.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lönkka, Nightbringer

More
14 Mar 2014 14:01 #59939 by AaronC

In either case, since they become stronger, it results in a shift (even slight) of the metagame towards high-cap vampires decks.

Okay, based on your logic, I agree. You haven't said whether or not you think that this is good or bad, simply that it would happen.

Here is my pronouncement: strengthening star vampire is good.

If it is not good, if star vampire decks are too powerful, please give some reason why. Please also remember that "star vampire" is not a genre unto itself - stars don't all do the same thing.

@Alek: This topic comes up because a little over half of players have a problem with Pentex. Look at the poll results. "It was decided not to do anything" just means that Pascal Bertrand has not decided to do anything, not that all players think Pentex shouldn't be changed. I don't say he's wrong for doing so. But, personally I don't like playing Pentex, I don't like playing against it, and I don't like having to plan around it. I don't care about the no-blocking thing, I care about the no-acting thing. Fewer actions means less fun for me and everyone.

More
14 Mar 2014 17:39 #59942 by Pendargon

Fewer actions means less fun for me and everyone.

See, this is where i disagree.
Fewer actions of YOUR minions mean less fun for YOU. However, possibly more fun for everyone else at the table, who can enjoy their game while your "megafreakdrive Una" or "Megatooledup Gerald Windham with ankara" or Enkidu or "Cybelle with soulgem" or "insertannoyingsolitairestardeckhere" sits nice and locked and pentexed, unable to steal other peoples buzz.

Thank you, Pentex.

:QUI: :POT: :OBE: :CEL: :OBF: :tore: :assa:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nightbringer

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.093 seconds