file PCK and VTES

Poll: How do the actions of PCK affect VTES' Future? (was ended 0000-00-00 00:00:00)

Total number of voters: 0
Only registered users can participate to this poll
28 Sep 2012 02:53 #37925 by brandonsantacruz
In light of the copyright dispute and other actions, how do you think the actions of PCK are likely to affect the future of VTES?

Be careful when you fight the monsters, lest you become one.
-Friedrich Nietzsche

brandonsantacruz.blogspot.com/

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
28 Sep 2012 07:08 #37933 by Lambach
Replied by Lambach on topic Re: PCK and VTES
People should really reserve judgment until they see the new VEKN set. I think it's obviously not true that whatever VEKN does is best for the game just because they did it.

If the VEKN set is really bad, its tourney legality would be very bad for the game. The PCK VEKN dispute arose from disagreement over how to design the new cards. It may be the case that PCK had the better ideas.

As far as the copyright stuff, I feel it's an overblown issue and will amount to exactly nothing. The VEKN will do whatever they want because there's really nothing PCK will be able to do to stop them. For me it's all about the quality of the cards: which set would be better for the game.

More
28 Sep 2012 07:18 #37934 by alek
Replied by alek on topic Re: PCK and VTES
I don't think those actions can have negative impact on theoretical possibility of vtes reactivation. If there will be any company interested in printing vtes and they will be worried about legal issues, they can just ignore cards from both guardians of faith and danse macabre altogether. On the other hand they have a strong and negative impact on players which can result in dividing of community.
But we have to remember that responsibility for this charges both sides of discussion. IMO all involved persons act in very childish manner trying to show community that they are right. Those discussion should never be made public and escalated!

More
28 Sep 2012 07:23 - 28 Sep 2012 07:24 #37935 by extrala
Replied by extrala on topic Re: PCK and VTES
If there's no overlap between "Danse Macabre" and "Guardians of the Faith" (and that's the case as Robert (Goudie) confirmed in the other thread), then "Guardians of the Faith" is a VTES fan set/expansion, created by fellow VtES players (who formerly were part of the design team).

Nothing more and nothing less.
Last edit: 28 Sep 2012 07:24 by extrala.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lönkka, self biased

More
28 Sep 2012 08:03 #37937 by johannes
Replied by johannes on topic Re: PCK and VTES

Nothing more and nothing less.

Uh, except that the creators of the the fan set are engaging in dubious activities to annoy the creators of the official set.

V:EKN gave full blessing to any fan set activities in the respective forum, a very reasonable baseline for distancing our set from theirs was given (not using their original ideas). Zero action or negative comment towards their set were given.

Simple question is: We leave them alone, why don´t they leave us alone?
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lönkka

More
28 Sep 2012 08:12 - 28 Sep 2012 08:13 #37938 by johannes
Replied by johannes on topic Re: PCK and VTES

IMO all involved persons act in very childish manner trying to show community that they are right. Those discussion should never be made public and escalated!

VEKN didn´t react to their set, we don´t have to, don´t want to and really don´t care. It is fan cards, like 1000 others.

They continue to harrass the VEKN for no real reason or obvious motivation other than revenge (they have been explicitely asked to give their reason, they abstain despite being online in the forums all the time), I decide to make it obvious to the player base that we get harrassed for no reason. I have been accused all over the place to have been inappropriate, rude and other things toward them from persons with little to no knowledge what was going on. I am sick of it. You can from now on take part in every of their actions, as it was demanded by Jeff many times (the champion of full disclosure). It is enough to post their communication, because there will be none from our side.

I am very open for your arguments how the VEKN is acting childish, I can´t see any indication of it. I am not trying to be "right", I am just trying to be left alone. It is just like in a VTES game, when I don´t want to talk about a deal with you and made that clear, you have no right to permanently try to talk to me about it.
Last edit: 28 Sep 2012 08:13 by johannes.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lönkka

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.096 seconds