file PCK and VTES

Poll: How do the actions of PCK affect VTES' Future? (was ended 0000-00-00 00:00:00)

Total number of voters: 0
Only registered users can participate to this poll
28 Sep 2012 11:53 #37973 by Szewski
Replied by Szewski on topic Re: PCK and VTES

Why do we have to open another thread? It's just useless. We need to stay focus on the future of OUR community and OUR (great but still officially dead) game.
The most important thing for everyone should be bury the whole conflict under the ground and start everything from the beginning. And if it won't work, start again...
We can't split our community. That's all I have to say by now.

I actually just intended for this to be a poll. Rather than say a lot more about it, maybe by presenting it this way the community can make it's feelings about this debacle really understood. Let those involved decide what to do with it (or not).

ok

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
28 Sep 2012 11:59 #37974 by Azel
Replied by Azel on topic Re: PCK and VTES
Doesn't do jack shit to VTES.

Our bloated pile of symbols, lack of keyword terms, outdated and oblique timing structure, the everlasting reign of old standbys like Dominate & Master Trumps, the necessity for a quorum greater than 2 for a game (5 for a decent game), and a game length of 2 hours, do more than enough.

And yet we love the game anyway in spite of its madness. So we'll stay this incestuous little community and struggle to get new blood into the game. New printing matters? Yeah, whatever. LCGs seem to be the wave of the future -- hell even Netrunner got a recent LCG comeback. VTES will survive, and once deckmaster copyright lapses VTES is free.

This little spat doesn't even enter the galaxy of what's hurting VTES. But we might as well keep blinkering on, bored as we must be.
The following user(s) said Thank You: DeathInABottle, empusa

More
28 Sep 2012 12:57 - 28 Sep 2012 13:06 #37981 by alek
Replied by alek on topic Re: PCK and VTES

I am very open for your arguments how the VEKN is acting childish, I can´t see any indication of it.

For me the main problem is that this discussion is made public. In other organizations, if there are problems at the management level, they are solved on the management level. Pouring your dirt in public leads to the situation when you are endangering whole organization (vtes community in this case). And by pouring dirt I mean publishing of correspondence as well. Looking from this point of view, in my opinion, both sides acted very irresponsible (in childish way as I wrote earlier) and it doesn't really matter who started this nonsense. If the PCK makes stupid moves, just don't react, it's much better this way.
Last edit: 28 Sep 2012 13:06 by alek.

More
28 Sep 2012 16:41 #37988 by KevinM
Replied by KevinM on topic Re: PCK and VTES

@Johannes

I simply don't like what I see on this forum. As a Chairman it is your duty to end the conflict, strengthen the community and work for the best possible outcome for the game. This is all I expect of you as a VEKN member.

You seem to like to write a lot and not read very much. Let me explain. No, that would be too much. Let me sum up:

Johannes has clearly stated multiple times that there can be no end to this conflict from the PCK side because of their unreasonable demands and unwillingness to compromise.

Besides that, Jeff Kuta refuses to state what his goal has been, even though he has been asked at least four times now by multiple players.

So, by definition, there can be no resolution to the "conflict".

Regarding "strengthening the community", you are aware that Johannes CREATED this community, right? Johannes and a few others got together, brought the VEKN into being, got this forum software together and customized it to be a welcome, useful platform to VTES players all over the world. Not to mention that they also saved THOUSANDS of boxes of VTES product from the shredder when CCCP murdered White Wolf.

Now that you have (most?) everything in one place for you to read, I'm curious as to what your definition of "work for the best possible outcome for the game" is?

Kevin M., Prince of Las Vegas
"Know your enemy and know yourself; in one-thousand battles
you shall never be in peril." -- Sun Tzu, *The Art of War*
"Contentment...Complacency...Catastrophe!" -- Joseph Chevalier
Please visit VTESville daily! vtesville.myminicity.com/
Facebook: www.facebook.com/groups/129744447064017
The following user(s) said Thank You: Damnans, Lönkka, acbishop, atomweaver, Reyda, Daidalos

More
01 Oct 2012 04:31 #38096 by direwolf
Replied by direwolf on topic Re: PCK and VTES
This poll could have been worded better. I don't think enough of us know enough to answer the question as presented.

I actually just intended for this to be a poll. Rather than say a lot more about it, maybe by presenting it this way the community can make it's feelings about this debacle really understood. Let those involved decide what to do with it (or not).

Next time you want to find out how the community feels about an issue (via a poll), ask the question "How do you feel about this?"

:tore: :pre: :tem: :aus: Independent Futurist. Contrarian (titled, X votes where X is the number of votes as the acting minion.) Target Vitals is always the better combat card.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.103 seconds