file PCK and VTES

Poll: How do the actions of PCK affect VTES' Future? (was ended 0000-00-00 00:00:00)

Total number of voters: 0
Only registered users can participate to this poll
28 Sep 2012 09:02 #37939 by wesile
Replied by wesile on topic Re: PCK and VTES
I subscribe to the Extrala point of view.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
28 Sep 2012 09:06 - 28 Sep 2012 09:08 #37940 by Squidalot
Replied by Squidalot on topic Re: PCK and VTES

If the VEKN set is really bad, its tourney legality would be very bad for the game. The PCK VEKN dispute arose from disagreement over how to design the new cards. It may be the case that PCK had the better ideas.

I think it would have helped if PCK were able to accept criticism from playtesters e.g. 'Can you have less than 12 lines of text per card please' or 'Inquisitors don't seem like an integral part of the game please can we put them away for now' without overreacting in a large way or dismissing the views of the majority of playtesters by finding the 10% of comments that matched their view.

I find it quite distressing that a lot of the PCK arguments against the VEKN is that there was no process or that process wasn't followed properly. I'm not sure how a 30+ page R1 playtest report that collates the views of the playtesters and is then used by the design team and design team leader to produce R2 isn't following process.

Above all this game is for the players and although they won't all agree one very single point it is important to respect their view when designing cards for them.
Last edit: 28 Sep 2012 09:08 by Squidalot.

More
28 Sep 2012 10:27 #37949 by dude_PL
Replied by dude_PL on topic Re: PCK and VTES
@Johannes

With all due respect, may I remind you that each post you make (maybe except rules and decks sections) is the official VEKN voice from you as the Chairman. You are a public figure. Therefore, the fact that you like or don't like what people say is irrelevant. If you're not good at public speaking then find someone who is (everyone has certain talents, nobody has all of them, simple as that).

If you want a discussion, there's a perfect opportunity for that during this year's EC. We can also hear from the PCK representative during that discussion, I bet that a lot of people are interested.
If not, we can always leave everything as it is, I'm sure it's all fine and dandy.

Just so we're clear - I have nothing against you on the personal level, as:
a) I don't know you enough to like or dislike you
b) all my dealings with you in the past (during the time when I was the Prince of Warsaw and the Polish scene was slowly growing) have been more than satisfactionary.

I simply don't like what I see on this forum. As a Chairman it is your duty to end the conflict, strengthen the community and work for the best possible outcome for the game. This is all I expect of you as a VEKN member.

More
28 Sep 2012 10:43 #37953 by Szewski
Replied by Szewski on topic Re: PCK and VTES
Why do we have to open another thread? It's just useless. We need to stay focus on the future of OUR community and OUR (great but still officially dead) game.
The most important thing for everyone should be bury the whole conflict under the ground and start everything from the beginning. And if it won't work, start again...
We can't split our community. That's all I have to say by now.

More
28 Sep 2012 10:49 #37954 by johannes
Replied by johannes on topic Re: PCK and VTES

With all due respect, may I remind you that each post you make (maybe except rules and decks sections) is the official VEKN voice from you as the Chairman. You are a public figure. Therefore, the fact that you like or don't like what people say is irrelevant.

What is your point. All the posts I made were in respect of dealing with this conflict. It is not about what I like or not like? What has been inappropriate?

I simply don't like what I see on this forum. As a Chairman it is your duty to end the conflict, strengthen the community and work for the best possible outcome for the game. This is all I expect of you as a VEKN member.

Obscure. What specifically do you no like? How am I supposed to end a conflict where one side seemingly has no interest in ending it?

Let me recall a few things that happened since they were removed from the design team:

- They sent us a their set with a deadline for accepting it as an official V:EKN 100% as it is (without further playtest etc..). We refused because the request seemed unreasonable.

- They published the set. I commented that is is fine and that we will do our best not to use any original ideas they have created.

- They send us a cease&desist letter. I post it, because it addresses the VEKN as a whole, so I think the members have a right to know. For example should we ever need any funds for this it will come out of any potential VEKN funds (i.e by selling prize support material). The VEKN thinks it is unfounded and unnecessary, PKC refuses to comment on why it should be founded and necessary.

Looks like a one-sided continuation of the disagreement to me. Am I seeing something wrong?
The following user(s) said Thank You: jhattara, er-principe, Forhead, Damnans, Lönkka, Squidalot, acbishop, Juggernaut1981, Joscha

More
28 Sep 2012 11:36 #37967 by brandonsantacruz
Replied by brandonsantacruz on topic Re: PCK and VTES

Why do we have to open another thread? It's just useless. We need to stay focus on the future of OUR community and OUR (great but still officially dead) game.
The most important thing for everyone should be bury the whole conflict under the ground and start everything from the beginning. And if it won't work, start again...
We can't split our community. That's all I have to say by now.

I actually just intended for this to be a poll. Rather than say a lot more about it, maybe by presenting it this way the community can make it's feelings about this debacle really understood. Let those involved decide what to do with it (or not).

Be careful when you fight the monsters, lest you become one.
-Friedrich Nietzsche

brandonsantacruz.blogspot.com/
The following user(s) said Thank You: Reyda

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.095 seconds