file Pool gain and timing out.

Poll: Has pool gain gotten out of hand. (was ended 0000-00-00 00:00:00)

Total number of voters: 0
Only registered users can participate to this poll
22 Oct 2012 13:57 - 22 Oct 2012 13:58 #39649 by Pullen
So it has been brought up by the Losombra that time outs are increasing in tournament play and some one else brought up the fact that pool gain options are very easy and open to every one. With the inclusion of Ashur Tablets and Lilith's Blessing, any deck can include a fair amount of pool gain and get back cards used to gain pool with out much trouble. An argument could be made that these cards have tipped the game into a longer format game with little to no counter balance.

I my self will not vote in the pool and can see argument to both side's but I am interested in what the masses have to say about this and any other related issues.

Link to the thread
www.vekn.net/index.php/forum/40-polling-forum/39518-timeouts-in-finals-do-they-happen-too-often?limit=10&start=20#39641

:OBT::MYT::PRO::val::obf:
Last edit: 22 Oct 2012 13:58 by Pullen.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
22 Oct 2012 14:09 #39650 by Ohlmann
I have voted "maybe", because I am not completely sure that it's the additional pool gain that is the source for timeout (as opposed to slow play and general direction toward defensive play)

Also, I believe it's pool recycling the problem, not pool gain per see. Lillith blessing and especially Ashur tablet are more or less nothing compared to the fact that on the long run, every vampires cost only 3-4 pools.

To illustrate, let's take a well known deck that hope to put 2-4 cap 9-11 to play. Ashur will generate 6 pool at best. Lillith blessing will generate 3-12 pool. Giant blood, 11 at most. Villeins and minion tap will make you recoup 12-36 pool.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lönkka

More
24 Nov 2012 23:52 - 24 Nov 2012 23:54 #41636 by mirddes
villein+golconda

ive always though the 2 hour timelimit was too short.

200min would be better.
Last edit: 24 Nov 2012 23:54 by mirddes.

More
25 Nov 2012 00:28 #41637 by Louhi
Replied by Louhi on topic Re: Pool gain and timing out.
I don't think I can remember the last time I was in a game that timed out (with me left in it at least) and looking at our league game results, very few games time out in general. I'm convinced that it has to do with slow play rather than pool generation.

A lot of people also complain about girls generating a lot of pool but don't realize how slow that pool generation is. Most bleeding decks can kill it before it gets up and running. Also, lilith's blessing doesn't generate pool and is oftentimes not worth the card slot from my experience. I've not seen it played in a long time nor have I found it strong when actually played.

Lidingö Scourge
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nightbringer

More
25 Nov 2012 01:20 #41640 by Pyrocuror

A lot of people also complain about girls generating a lot of pool but don't realize how slow that pool generation is. Most bleeding decks can kill it before it gets up and running.

Depends - with Cybele first, Girls is very weak early and can be trashed by most midcap bleed decks.
But with Aksinya first, there's very little chance that the deck will die to a bleed predator early.

Except once a century when your pred can bleed you hard 2 turns in a row turn 3-4, with misdirection and wash/sudden for the first villein.

More
25 Nov 2012 17:06 #41688 by Myrdin
Stockholm has seen an significant increase in mind numb, and mind numb kinda destroys Akisinya and Girls. Most decks that pack this have no problem lunging for 30 pool over 2 turns.

Ivan - Prince of Stockholm

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.073 seconds