compress Honest Idea for fixing overly strong master cards!

Poll: AFTER READING THE WHOLE THING: What do you think? (was ended 0000-00-00 00:00:00)

Total number of voters: 0
Only registered users can participate to this poll
29 Jun 2011 09:14 #5582 by Amenophobis

As a last remark, here is my first idea to give decks like my Ashurs deck a chance to actually survive other ones:
Warning: Spoiler!

What do you think about this one?

Very good idea indeed! :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
29 Jun 2011 09:21 #5583 by elotar
Ashurs + liquidation is just 6 pool for 4 MPA - nothing too spectacular.

Multiple MPA are spectacular. But the answer to them in the form of "let's make a card, punishing MPA" isn't an elegant one. You'll get problems with trifles, angel of berlin and general problem with silver bullets.

I got no right answer right now.

:splat: NC Russia
:DEM::san::nec::cap4:

More
29 Jun 2011 09:28 #5585 by Serazahr

Ashurs + liquidation is just 6 pool for 4 MPA - nothing too spectacular.

Multiple MPA are spectacular. But the answer to them in the form of "let's make a card, punishing MPA" isn't an elegant one. You'll get problems with trifles, angel of berlin and general problem with silver bullets.

I got no right answer right now.

Punishing trifles and out-of-turn is part of the cards. As all events it is supposed to affect everybody, some just more than others.

Also about the Ashur+Liqui, it is not just 6 pool, it is also a lot of Decksorting, and up to 6 additional cards ack to your library. That makes it a lot more than just 6 pool for 4 MPA.

More
29 Jun 2011 10:10 #5586 by elotar

Punishing trifles and out-of-turn is part of the cards.

So why you want to randomly punish trifles and oot?

As a player of, mostly, fewer than 90 cards in decks I see no point in 6 additional cards. Decksorting is also for the decks, which is packed with pointless cards.

I dislike ashurs too, but for slowing the game prosess of chousing cards and shuffling, while all other 4 players are just waiting.

:splat: NC Russia
:DEM::san::nec::cap4:

More
29 Jun 2011 10:17 - 29 Jun 2011 10:18 #5587 by Erol

I think counter cards like Sudden and DI are very important to the game as they make it unpredictable.

If your games are predictable without DI and suddens, then you are doing something wrong.

Or I am doing something really right ;)

:laso: :camarilla: :POT: :DOM: :DEM: :PRE: :cap8: - Prince of Karlsruhe, Germany
Last edit: 29 Jun 2011 10:18 by Erol.

More
29 Jun 2011 11:15 - 29 Jun 2011 11:16 #5590 by Serazahr

Punishing trifles and out-of-turn is part of the cards.

So why you want to randomly punish trifles and oot?

Why does Blood Weakens punish all disci cards, why does Fall of the Sabbat punish all Sabbat and why does "Reversal of Hierarchy" punish all Master cards after the first?

That's what events do. If you have a deck that plays maybe 2 trifles and has no additional MPA, then playign that card would help you against multi MPA decks and against suddens (if they cost 1 pool, people might not sudden smaller stuff for example.)

Noticed a typo in the name...^^
Last edit: 29 Jun 2011 11:16 by Serazahr.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.089 seconds