compress Honest Idea for fixing overly strong master cards!

Poll: AFTER READING THE WHOLE THING: What do you think? (was ended 0000-00-00 00:00:00)

Total number of voters: 0
Only registered users can participate to this poll
29 Jun 2011 12:55 #5596 by elotar

Punishing trifles and out-of-turn is part of the cards.

So why you want to randomly punish trifles and oot?

Why does Blood Weakens punish all disci cards, why does Fall of the Sabbat punish all Sabbat and why does "Reversal of Hierarchy" punish all Master cards after the first?

That's what events do. If you have a deck that plays maybe 2 trifles and has no additional MPA, then playign that card would help you against multi MPA decks and against suddens (if they cost 1 pool, people might not sudden smaller stuff for example.)

Noticed a typo in the name...^^

So it's the problem with your idea - you are trying to make card whith no clear justification for it's effects, just because one of them seems good. As a result you'll have one "happy" player (not so happy, cause all this card does are just making villein-golconda recursion cost 1 pool), and 4 angry players, who suddenly got unplayable Lifes in the city, oot masters and losing one pool from angel of berlin, played by predator at untap.

Good design!

Most events are, btw, bad designed.

:splat: NC Russia
:DEM::san::nec::cap4:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
29 Jun 2011 13:56 #5598 by brandonsantacruz
At this point, I'm of the opinion that virtually all card text changes (including errara) are a bad idea. Complicated rules changes can be ruled out entirely. Judging by the responses to your poll, most would not like to see the changes you suggest.

Instead of taking issue with these master cards, why not focus on how to beat them?

Be careful when you fight the monsters, lest you become one.
-Friedrich Nietzsche

brandonsantacruz.blogspot.com/

More
29 Jun 2011 14:17 #5599 by Serazahr
Problem is that everytime you concentrate on countering one deck type, your deck just loose strength on average.

The balance at this point seems to be 3-5 Suddens per deck that has problems with MMPA decks.
Here is what I don't like though: If your deck has problems with combat, you can include S:CE, obedience/mental maze, man+doge, prevent, aggro poke.
So you have a lot more creativity you can go with whatever fits your deck. Which sadly is not the case for dealing with Master cards.

More
29 Jun 2011 14:31 - 29 Jun 2011 14:35 #5600 by brandonsantacruz

Problem is that everytime you concentrate on countering one deck type, your deck just loose strength on average.

The balance at this point seems to be 3-5 Suddens per deck that has problems with MMPA decks.
Here is what I don't like though: If your deck has problems with combat, you can include S:CE, obedience/mental maze, man+doge, prevent, aggro poke.
So you have a lot more creativity you can go with whatever fits your deck. Which sadly is not the case for dealing with Master cards.

Here are a few things I've been toying with that help deal with excessive pool gain:
Parity Shift
Perma Rush (i.e. Bloodhunt, War Party, Public Enemy)
Stealth Bleed
Sudden
Tap and bleed
(D) burn location/equipment (target parthenon, heart of cheating, etc)

EDIT: Oh, and of course uncoiling

There are more things out there to help counter silly decks like the Girls, but that's a start.

-Friedrich Nietzsche

Last edit: 29 Jun 2011 14:35 by brandonsantacruz. Reason: one more idea

More
29 Jun 2011 16:24 #5603 by Joscha
That is my impression for years now: If some cards annoy players they are much more creative with suggestions for rules changes or card bannings than coming up with good inplay options to counter those cards.

The reason is: They fear that their streamlined, ultrafocused decks lose power if they build in antitech. If you think you cannot live with a bit less focus than learn to live with what annoys you.

Baron of Frankfurt
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mephistopheles, Kushiel, Gargoylee

More
29 Jun 2011 16:38 #5604 by brandonsantacruz

That is my impression for years now: If some cards annoy players they are much more creative with suggestions for rules changes or card bannings than coming up with good inplay options to counter those cards.

The reason is: They fear that their streamlined, ultrafocused decks lose power if they build in antitech. If you think you cannot live with a bit less focus than learn to live with what annoys you.

Well said. If toolboxing isn't for you, draw your rock, paper, or scissors and act accordingly.

-Friedrich Nietzsche

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.126 seconds