compress Honest Idea for fixing overly strong master cards!

Poll: AFTER READING THE WHOLE THING: What do you think? (was ended 0000-00-00 00:00:00)

Total number of voters: 0
Only registered users can participate to this poll
29 Jun 2011 19:34 #5607 by Demnogonis Saastuttaja

That is my impression for years now: If some cards annoy players they are much more creative with suggestions for rules changes or card bannings than coming up with good inplay options to counter those cards.

The reason is: They fear that their streamlined, ultrafocused decks lose power if they build in antitech. If you think you cannot live with a bit less focus than learn to live with what annoys you.

Maybe. My impression is that there are always players who resist all changes to the game because they want to play only the few viable decks you can make and don't really care about seeing different decks. What was the reaction to banning PTO? Edge Explosion? Memories of Mortality? Yep. No changes needed, let's just all play the same decks because that's a fun game right there. Why complain when you can counter PTO by playing Camarilla, I mean, Confusion of the Eye, that's an awesome card right there, just have 10 and you're good to go...

And now that the game is dead, there have been talks about playing printed cards. Well obviously, there are players who have all the cards they want to play, that is Anson, Parity Shift and three different master cards, and don't really mind if everybody just plays the viable cards everybody has in great quantities i.e. Dominate.

Let's just say this is a perfect game and no change could make it better, losing even one card from the massive card pool V:TES has isn't really worth it no matter how many other things it could make viable.

Well anyway. Even while I like ranting, this is pointless. No community ever gets around to deciding something.

:ANI: :AUS: :VIC:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
29 Jun 2011 19:49 #5608 by glaswanderer
How about playing Villein as written (period!) and not compare it to other cards that move blood so we don't get really dumb rulings about it.

Prince of Puyallup

More
29 Jun 2011 20:15 #5610 by brandonsantacruz
@Demnogonis Saastuttaja

There are so many un-played cards just sitting in boxes out there. They don't have to be ruled out because "better" cards exist. I just played victim of habit the other day for not only laughs, but also vps! If you find that people are stuck playing too many of the same cards, throw in a little hoser and let the fun begin!

Be careful when you fight the monsters, lest you become one.
-Friedrich Nietzsche

brandonsantacruz.blogspot.com/

More
29 Jun 2011 22:42 #5613 by Serazahr

That is my impression for years now: If some cards annoy players they are much more creative with suggestions for rules changes or card bannings than coming up with good inplay options to counter those cards.

The reason is: They fear that their streamlined, ultrafocused decks lose power if they build in antitech. If you think you cannot live with a bit less focus than learn to live with what annoys you.

Totally understand what you're saying here, but my angle (and the reason why I am interested in some change) actually stems from a discussion at the EC after the same deck won the Legendary Vampire and EC Day 1.

It seems like only 3 decks were really able to deal with such a deck as prey. DOM bleed + Mind Rape, Trochomancy and Parity Shift. And while those decks are cleary not weak and unplayable if the deck in question is not around, they are hard to build: e.g. I cannot build any of them. No Mind Rape, only 2 Trochomancy and no Parity Shifts. (And there are also probably other examples)
So if I have to go out and buy overly expensive cards (with exception of Trocho) just to be able to survive the tournament scene, I feel like I am playing Magic and not Vampire.

And I have to repeat myself here:
No new cards means very little change to the tournament scene, which in turn means that those decks are becoming very much staple decks, and also staple TWDs.

More
29 Jun 2011 23:57 #5615 by brandonsantacruz
Do you have many cards? If so, from what sets? There are plenty of decks that can tool the new hot shit, such as intercept combat.

Be careful when you fight the monsters, lest you become one.
-Friedrich Nietzsche

brandonsantacruz.blogspot.com/

More
30 Jun 2011 01:58 #5621 by Juggernaut1981
That's why one of my favourite decks contained two of the different "holds". It was gorgeous to play.

:bruj::CEL::POT::PRE::tha: Baron of Sydney, Australia, 418

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.087 seconds