compress Honest Idea for fixing overly strong master cards!

Poll: AFTER READING THE WHOLE THING: What do you think? (was ended 0000-00-00 00:00:00)

Total number of voters: 0
Only registered users can participate to this poll
30 Jun 2011 10:45 #5642 by Mephistopheles
Other possibilities for what? Joscha's earlier post was indeed an eye-opener for me. Instead of complaining about certain cards just build in anti-tech into your deck. You don't want to put anti tech cards into your otherwise well balanced, sharp, one-trick tourney deck? Well, than don't complain.

Currently there is nothing so unbalanced in the game that endangers it. Sure Villein is good. Sure Ashur/Liquidation is strong. But that's nothing you can't solve with already existing cards.

NC for Hungary

hunfragment.blogspot.com

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
30 Jun 2011 11:02 #5645 by elotar

Other possibilities for what? Joscha's earlier post was indeed an eye-opener for me. Instead of complaining about certain cards just build in anti-tech into your deck. You don't want to put anti tech cards into your otherwise well balanced, sharp, one-trick tourney deck? Well, than don't complain.

Currently there is nothing so unbalanced in the game that endangers it. Sure Villein is good. Sure Ashur/Liquidation is strong. But that's nothing you can't solve with already existing cards.

I've put 5 suddens in my last tournament deck, as well as ashur-liquidations and got no problems with overpowered masters and generally winning :)

But all games with it was boring agony both for me and for my opponents. It will be very sad if everybody will start to do it.

:splat: NC Russia
:DEM::san::nec::cap4:

More
30 Jun 2011 11:07 #5646 by Mephistopheles
And when almost everybody does this some people will start playing decks that don't really need master cards, like an '94 nosferatu breed boon or whatever and just own.

NC for Hungary

hunfragment.blogspot.com

More
30 Jun 2011 11:11 #5647 by elotar

And when almost everybody does this some people will start playing decks that don't really need master cards, like an '94 nosferatu breed boon or whatever and just own.

And it still be sad.

:splat: NC Russia
:DEM::san::nec::cap4:

More
01 Jul 2011 12:02 #5676 by Demnogonis Saastuttaja

I've put 5 suddens in my last tournament deck, as well as ashur-liquidations and got no problems with overpowered masters and generally winning :)

But all games with it was boring agony both for me and for my opponents. It will be very sad if everybody will start to do it.

I also tried to use 6 Sudden Reversals in my !Brujah deck, but I found out that it's survival is still so shaky it really needs it's master slots for bloat.

I'm not really sure I'd like to see a metagame that encourages mass Sudden Reversal though, that would simply invalidate some decktypes. You have those cheesy +MPA minions, you can still play masters, you don't, and you're screwed when somebody packs that 12 SR deck.

:ANI: :AUS: :VIC:

More
01 Jul 2011 16:45 #5697 by Suoli

Instead of complaining about certain cards just build in anti-tech into your deck. You don't want to put anti tech cards into your otherwise well balanced, sharp, one-trick tourney deck? Well, than don't complain.

You should not assume that whenever someone suggests changes it's because it makes their favorite deck better. Sometimes people really do think that making changes would make the game more enjoyable/diverse/challenging/etc for everyone involved.

This same argument comes up every time someone brings up any sort of concern about game balance. It's very arrogant, naive, and insulting and does nothing to address the specific issue at hand.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.122 seconds