file Location of the 2012 U.S. National Championship

Poll: Where would you like to see the U.S. National Championship be held in 2012? (was ended 0000-00-00 00:00:00)

Total number of voters: 0
Only registered users can participate to this poll
30 Jun 2011 04:04 #5625 by KevinM
Gang,
There was a fair amount of discussion at Origins about how the U.S. National Championship was not at Origins, and would likely move in 2012, away from the VtM Convention in New Orleans and to another location. A few different suggested locations were discussed, but rather than just a few people making the decision as to where we could move it to, it seems prudent to ask the community and see what your response is. So, I've created a poll to address this subject, and any discussion would be welcomed.

Kevin M., Prince of Las Vegas
"Know your enemy and know yourself; in one-thousand battles
you shall never be in peril." -- Sun Tzu, *The Art of War*
"Contentment...Complacency...Catastrophe!" -- Joseph Chevalier
Please visit VTESville daily! vtesville.myminicity.com/
Facebook: www.facebook.com/groups/129744447064017

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
30 Jun 2011 10:59 #5644 by DeathInABottle
Anywhere on or near the west coast would be welcome.

More
30 Jun 2011 12:18 #5650 by Pagan
I'll reiterate my comments made at Origins. The US National Championship certainly should not be at Origins as long as the NAC is there or it becomes a low key qualifier tournament.

I'd like to see it moved away from the NAC and placed somewhere to give another part of the community a marquee event.

Put it in Las Vegas in 2012 and either keep it there as a good city to draw a crowd and even consider passing it between there, Los Angeles and the San Francisco crowds.

More
30 Jun 2011 15:54 #5652 by Adonai
One of the non-conflicting LA tournament weekends? (i.e. not Labor Day weekend)

More
30 Jun 2011 17:36 #5655 by ICL
The West Coast is not a good place to hold national events. In my experience, the added distance, difficulty, and/or cost of travel to my region prevents numerous gamers from attending events. I can see it if the event rotates throughout the country on a yearly basis. But, then, Origins used to do that and ended up settling into a place that was more convenient for most of the country.

While odd to have the USC after the NAC in a given year, if the season runs more like August to July than January to December, I'd imagine DragonCon being a reasonable default host. Someday, I might even go to one.

More
30 Jun 2011 22:15 #5659 by Jeff Kuta
Just to play Devil's Advocate...

Does there need to be a sole US Championship? Can there be East and West Championships, one east of the Rocky Mountains and one west?

When you are anvil, be patient; when a hammer, strike.
:CEL::DOM::OBF::POT::QUI:
pckvtes.wordpress.com
@pckvtes

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.098 seconds