file I can translate ALL cards into Portuguese and Spanish for free

16 May 2018 16:23 #86993 by BenPeal

My point actually is: since VTES is being printed on demand, if I translate everything, would it be possible to choose the language that you want it printed when submitting an order?

Assuming that everything is translated correctly, yes, this can be possible. We (BCP and DriveThru) would also need to get things set up for it. All very possible down the road.

A few things to consider:

- We're overhauling the rulebook and card text templating. If you translate cards right now, you'll have to do a lot of that work again several months from now.

- I'm very curious how translations will turn out with respect to card text length, especially for the cards that currently have very long text.

- Vincent is already very busy with getting the card texts ready for the HttB bundles and with his work on the rulebook. He will also be very busy with projects for other products we have in development (more reprint bundles, a V5 tie-in set, etc.). Translation projects will require Vincent's assistance (and possibly mine) and his time is limited.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 May 2018 16:56 - 16 May 2018 17:09 #86996 by ffiuza
I understand this would be an ongoing project, with all the rephrasing going on, and I don't mind updating translations as needed. Again, I am a professional translator, so I will keep in mind things like text length and so.

This is my institution website. Take a look. www.etsu.edu/lcrc

I think it makes sense to only translate whatever becomes available through DriveThruCards. So, nothing from older sets.

The only thing I need will be a DOCX. file with all the texts. I'll translate everything and I can send it to Ginés, Tiago, and Márcio, so they can share the translations with the Spanish, Portuguese, and Brazilian communities, respectively (I don't know players or organizers from other Hispanic countries, but I will be happy to share it with them as well).

As changes become necessary, you guys can email me a request to update. Lists would be better, but I can do individual cards too.
Last edit: 16 May 2018 17:09 by ffiuza.

More
16 May 2018 19:28 - 16 May 2018 19:37 #87002 by Lönkka
With the PoD I started jokingly toying with the idea of, say, Finnish translation...

Också översättning till Östra-Svenska skulle vara rolig... :D

Finnish :POT: Politics!
Last edit: 16 May 2018 19:37 by Lönkka.

• Lönkka
  • Away
  • Antediluvian
  • Antediluvian
  • War=peace, freedom=slavery, ignorance=strength
More
16 May 2018 20:54 #87009 by Brum
[quote="ffiuza" post=86996 I'll translate everything and I can send it to Ginés, Tiago, and Márcio, so they can share the translations with the Spanish, Portuguese, and Brazilian communities, respectively....[/quote]

I have nothing to do with the Portuguese Community anymore.
Please contact the proper volunteers.

My 2 Euro cents - use one version for Portuguese, if you must.
Don't build two portuguese versions.

More
17 May 2018 01:38 #87024 by Orpheus
I would so love to propose cards in french for some new players who aren't fluent in english !

But that might pose a problem during tournaments, especially continental ones in Europe. What is that card ? Lemme see... Oh, that's finnish, I'm screwed ! ;-)

But then an app with quick scanning and translation would be just great, and better IMO than cards printed in other languages.

More
17 May 2018 06:11 #87032 by Damnans

But that might pose a problem during tournaments, especially continental ones in Europe. What is that card ? Lemme see... Oh, that's finnish, I'm screwed ! ;-)

If card names are not translated, problem solved ;)

:vtes: V:EKN Website Coordinator

:baal: :AUS: :DAI: :FOR: :OBF: :PRE: :MAL: :STR: :flight: :cap11:

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.086 seconds