check Impulse, The As Played Window and You...

26 Mar 2012 11:14 #26627 by jamesatzephyr
It also states that you go from as announced to declare blockers, and that doing so passes the impulse.

This isn't true, and causes issues for - in particular - Blessing of Chaos. If I can't play other action modifiers in the 'as announced' window, and then I go straight to passing the impulse to my prey (or whoever) to declare blockers, then I can't escape Blessing of Chaos. Which I currently can, by playing Conditioning before blockers are announced.

In most cases, you would prefer to wait until later, but this can matter here - you don't get to play the card at all, or you don't get to play it hoping to draw into a Lost in Crowds, or what have you.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
26 Mar 2012 11:38 #26629 by Ankha

It also states that you go from as announced to declare blockers, and that doing so passes the impulse.

This isn't true, and causes issues for - in particular - Blessing of Chaos. If I can't play other action modifiers in the 'as announced' window, and then I go straight to passing the impulse to my prey (or whoever) to declare blockers, then I can't escape Blessing of Chaos. Which I currently can, by playing Conditioning before blockers are announced.

In most cases, you would prefer to wait until later, but this can matter here - you don't get to play the card at all, or you don't get to play it hoping to draw into a Lost in Crowds, or what have you.

Or Daring the Dawn before blocks are declared to prevent your prey from playing 2nd Trad.

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director

More
24 May 2018 08:26 #87419 by Bloodartist

+1. The initial post not being updated and containing obvious errors such as :

Forum admin could update it in OP's place, or at least put a warning in red on top of that post saying "this information is not an official ruling, please check the rest of the thread"

A heretic is a man who sees with his own eyes.
—Gotthold Ephraim Lessing

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.088 seconds