file Re: " Cannot use equipment " and Summon Spirit Beast

28 Sep 2011 08:10 - 28 Sep 2011 09:37 #11078 by Malachy
Heys!

Yet again i stand in need of your guidance!

Question #1

Howler cannot use any weapons. Does it forbid her but to have one? What if that equipment is Talbot's Chainsaw ? I suppose she can't enter combat or use its preventation but the Chainsaw's damage dealing ability still works?

According to that, a minion with Wildebeest can possess Heart of Nizchetus but is forbidden to draw cards during untap because it is considered "using" the equipment?

Question #2

Can Summon Spirit Beast be played in any section of blocking and combat? For example the opposing minion plays Taste of Vitae ... that means he cannot press any further so I play Summon at X blood knowing the combat surely ends. Can i "neutralize" an opposing minion's S:CE by Summoning a Dog Pack immediately after he played his strike? If I Summon an Elephant Guardian in combat, will Dumbo remember who's acting?

About remembering... as far as I know a Sniper Rifle cannot be used right away if equipped via Concealed Weapon ... Can Carlton be burned if the diablerie had occured before Carlton was played?

Sry for flooding :unsure:

NC of Hungary

///
Last edit: 28 Sep 2011 09:37 by Malachy.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
28 Sep 2011 09:48 - 12 Apr 2019 08:56 #11081 by Pascal Bertrand

Heys!

Yet again i stand in need of your guidance!

Question #1

Howler cannot use any weapons. Does it forbid her but to have one?

No. She can have equipments and perform equip actions.

What if that equipment is Talbot's Chainsaw ? I suppose she can't enter combat or use its preventation but the Chainsaw's damage dealing ability still works?

If the Talbot's Chainsaw is on Howler, then
- Howler can't use it to enter combat
- Howler can't use it to strike
- Howler can't use it to prevent damage
- Howler doesn't get a press from the Chainsaw
- Howler can hunt

I think the latest ruling I saw from LSJ regarding the untap phase damage (2006, aI think) said it didn't happen if the bearer couldn't use weapons. However, the latest I can find (2004) asys it does inflict damage. Let me put that one on hold for the moment.

According to that, a minion with Wildebeest can possess Heart of Nizchetus but is forbidden to draw cards during untap because it is considered to "use" the equipment?

Same as above.

Question #2

Can Summon Spirit Beast be played in any section of blocking and combat? For example the opposing minion plays Tase of Vitae ... that means he cannot press any further so I play Summon at X blood knowing the combat surely ends. Can i "neutralize" an opposing minion's S:CE by Summoning a Dog Pack immediately after he played his strike?

No. Guard Dogs aren't retroactive. If the strike were Form of Mist, the action would still continue. EDIT VR20190412: This ruling is no longer valid, see answer below.

If I Summon an Elephant Guardian in combat, will Dumbo remember who's acting?

There is always a minion considered acting. This is required by sequencing rules.

About remembering... as far as I know a Sniper Rifle cannot be used right away if equipped via Concealed Weapon ...

Cannot be used to set the ranged when equipped via Concealed Weapon in the blocking combat, right. [LSJ 20021028]

Can Carlton be burned if the diablerie had occured before Carlton was played?

Yes.
The difference between these two is that Sniper Rifle reads "if the bearer blocks an action", which is the requirement to be able to set the range.
Last edit: 12 Apr 2019 08:56 by Ankha.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Malachy

More
28 Sep 2011 14:34 - 28 Sep 2011 14:37 #11091 by Pascal Bertrand

What if that equipment is Talbot's Chainsaw ? I suppose she can't enter combat or use its preventation but the Chainsaw's damage dealing ability still works?

If the Talbot's Chainsaw is on Howler, then
- Howler can't use it to enter combat
- Howler can't use it to strike
- Howler can't use it to prevent damage
- Howler doesn't get a press from the Chainsaw
- Howler can hunt

I think the latest ruling I saw from LSJ regarding the untap phase damage (2006, aI think) said it didn't happen if the bearer couldn't use weapons. However, the latest I can find (2004) asys it does inflict damage. Let me put that one on hold for the moment.

Apparently, the ruling was given by mail, so it wasa never made official (please, if someone can prove me wrong, I'll be happy :) ).
So, back to the most recent ruling by LSJ: [LSJ 20040608] : If Howler has a Talbot's Chainsaw during your untap phase, Talbot's Chainsaw inflicts 3 damage to one of your ready minions.

According to that, a minion with Wildebeest can possess Heart of Nizchetus but is forbidden to draw cards during untap because it is considered to "use" the equipment?

Same as above.

"Same as above" now changed meaning. A vampire with a Wildebeeste would draw cards from their Heart of Nizchetus during untap phase, if they're ready.
Last edit: 28 Sep 2011 14:37 by Pascal Bertrand.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Malachy

More
12 Apr 2019 08:55 - 12 Apr 2019 08:57 #94498 by Ankha

Question #2

Can Summon Spirit Beast be played in any section of blocking and combat? For example the opposing minion plays Tase of Vitae ... that means he cannot press any further so I play Summon at X blood knowing the combat surely ends. Can i "neutralize" an opposing minion's S:CE by Summoning a Dog Pack immediately after he played his strike?

No. Guard Dogs aren't retroactive. If the strike were Form of Mist, the action would still continue.

This ruling is no longer valid ("Guard Dogs" was meant to be "Dog Pack") See www.vekn.net/forum/rules-questions/77543-strike-restriction-and-dog-pack?start=6#94497

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director
Last edit: 12 Apr 2019 08:57 by Ankha.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ratadin

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.092 seconds