file Conditioning + DI - SOS answer needed

19 Aug 2012 18:20 #35033 by NikolajWendt
I think this is a great example of why the learning curve is so steap in this game and partly why it's hard to attract new players... :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
20 Aug 2012 01:31 #35038 by KevinM
If players would a)read the rulebook, and b)realize that a card has to be played before it can be canceled, and therefore any rules regarding the card having been played (card text, rulebook, etc) are in effect, there wouldn't be the issues that there are.

The fact that some players' brains lock up when confronted with "It was canceled! Yes, but it was played first. BUT IT WAS CANCELED!!!" is neither the fault of the game, nor the rulebook.

Kevin M., Prince of Las Vegas
"Know your enemy and know yourself; in one-thousand battles
you shall never be in peril." -- Sun Tzu, *The Art of War*
"Contentment...Complacency...Catastrophe!" -- Joseph Chevalier
Please visit VTESville daily! vtesville.myminicity.com/
Facebook: www.facebook.com/groups/129744447064017
The following user(s) said Thank You: mirddes

More
20 Aug 2012 20:17 #35092 by Haze
Yes, I agree. If only everyone were psychic and knew all the internet-only card rulings ahead of time, we wouldn't need this sub-forum.

Improve your brains, people.

More
20 Aug 2012 20:51 - 20 Aug 2012 20:53 #35093 by Jeff Kuta
Two other important sections from the rulebook:

1.6.3. Minion Cards
2. Action modifier cards: The acting minion can play these cards to modify his action. For example, some action modifiers increase the acting minion's stealth or bleed amount or give him more votes. A minion cannot play the same action modifier more than once during a single action.

6. Reaction cards: A ready untapped minion can play a reaction card in response to an action taken by another Methuselah's minion (an action taken by one of a Methuselah's minions cannot be reacted to by any of her own minions). A minion cannot play the same reaction card more than once during a single action. A reaction card does not tap the minion using it.

These rules also affect what occurs when Action Modifiers or Reactions are played during actions and then canceled. In the above example, the Conditioning card was played so it may not be played again during the action by the same minion. Freak Drive and Voter Captivation are commonly DI'd to great effect. Same for Deflection, though in this case a different minion may try to Deflect the same bleed.

When you are anvil, be patient; when a hammer, strike.
:CEL::DOM::OBF::POT::QUI:
pckvtes.wordpress.com
@pckvtes
Last edit: 20 Aug 2012 20:53 by Jeff Kuta.
The following user(s) said Thank You: mirddes

More
21 Aug 2012 04:29 #35100 by Ohlmann

Yes, I agree. If only everyone were psychic and knew all the internet-only card rulings ahead of time, we wouldn't need this sub-forum.

What is funny is that here it is not an internet only ruling. It's just applying common sense and the exact text on the card. Not reading card text is something extremely human ; still it cause questions like that to come up.

More
21 Aug 2012 05:01 #35103 by Ankha

What is funny is that here it is not an internet only ruling. It's just applying common sense and the exact text on the card. Not reading card text is something extremely human ; still it cause questions like that to come up.

Yeah. Unfortunately, people tend to rely on rulings instead of reading the rules (and I must confess that I do it too sometimes).
Anyway, it's in the rules.

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.121 seconds