file Siren's Lure vs. Unleash Hell's Fury (also Remover)

15 Sep 2012 20:52 - 15 Sep 2012 20:57 #36897 by Adonai
How does Siren's Lure interact with a block attempt from Unleash Hell's Fury ?

Is UHF tapped? (notice that it can't block, which would make it cease to be a minion, before it was tapped by the SL text)

Does it matter that UHF is tapped, i.e. can it block while tapped?

What happens if UHF is tapped by Remover ? Can it still block?

Is there a comprehensive Siren's Lure interaction list/FAQ?
Here are all of LSJ's posts that include the term.
Last edit: 15 Sep 2012 20:57 by Adonai.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 Sep 2012 21:05 - 15 Sep 2012 21:09 #36900 by jhattara
UHF can attempt to block even if it's tapped. www.vekn.net/index.php/forum/6-rules-questions/15007-what-about-a-tapped-unleash-hells-fury

Block denial works on UHF just as with any vampire. But as it's no longer a minion after it stops blocking the rest of the Siren's Lure's text is irrelevant.

:splat: Jussi Hattara :splat:
:vtes: Webmaster Extraordinaire :vtes:
Finnish :POT: Politics!
Last edit: 15 Sep 2012 21:09 by jhattara.

More
18 Sep 2012 05:18 #37107 by Pascal Bertrand

How does Siren's Lure interact with a block attempt from Unleash Hell's Fury ?

UHF's block attempt fails, and the modifying vampire taps.

Is UHF tapped? (notice that it can't block, which would make it cease to be a minion, before it was tapped by the SL text)

UHF isn't tapped. As soon as it ceases to block, it ceases to be "that minion".

Does it matter that UHF is tapped, i.e. can it block while tapped?

It can block while tapped: [LSJ 20100210] .

What happens if UHF is tapped by Remover ? Can it still block?

Yes, per the link above.

Is there a comprehensive Siren's Lure interaction list/FAQ?
Here are all of LSJ's posts that include the term.

Is there anything unclear with Siren's Lure?

More
18 Sep 2012 15:25 #37164 by islandofyiaros
>>Is there anything unclear with Siren's Lure?

Yes, I'm a bit unclear as to how Siren's Lure interacts with Psyche!, Form of Mist, and other copies of itself. I'm sure I've seen the ruling before from LSJ on rec.games.trading-cards.jyhad, but I can't find it.

Please elaborate when you have the time.

-- Brian

More
15 Oct 2012 05:58 #39113 by BenPeal

Yes, I'm a bit unclear as to how Siren's Lure interacts with Psyche!, Form of Mist, and other copies of itself. I'm sure I've seen the ruling before from LSJ on rec.games.trading-cards.jyhad, but I can't find it.

There's something about not being able to queue up more combats beyond one past the current one. I forget exactly. Ask Pascal. :)

More
15 Oct 2012 06:16 - 15 Oct 2012 06:18 #39122 by Pascal Bertrand

There's something about not being able to queue up more combats beyond one past the current one. I forget exactly. Ask Pascal. :)

Ah, that one went quite unnoticed... Thank you, wowlijetgold for bringing it back !

So, the general ruling is: You can't queue a combat if there is already one queued right after the current one.

This basically means:
- You can't play Psyche! if someone (usually the opponent) played Blissful Agony (unless you've dodged).
- You can, however, play Telepathic Tracking on Blissful Agony, as it doesn't create a new combat.
- You can't play Psyche! if someone (usually the opponent) played Illusions of the Kindred (unless you've dodged).

Now, Siren's Lure does queue a combat, but after the action's resolution. So we need to consider the following situations:

- Can I play two Siren's Lures on the same action? => No. [LSJ 20020123]

- Can I play Psyche! during the action's resolution (and before the Siren's Lure combat) ? => Yes. [LSJ 20090324]

- Can I play Psyche! after the Siren's Lure combat? => Yes.

- If I play Siren's Lure, and then am block, and in the resulting combat, play Form of Mist and continue the action, when does the Siren's Lure's combat start? => After the last resolution, and not as soon as the first resolution is reached. That is: You continue your action, and after it's successful / finally blocked, Siren's Lure kicks in. (this is probably a new ruling, but it stands there for coherence with the other rulings).

- Can I play sup' Form of Mist in the Siren's Lure combat? => Yes, but you won't be able to continue the action (Siren's Lure states we are now past resolution).
Last edit: 15 Oct 2012 06:18 by Pascal Bertrand.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.109 seconds