file Bleed deflected back.

30 Sep 2012 19:08 #38077 by Lönkka
Replied by Lönkka on topic Re: Bleed deflected back.

Another question related to this situation: I'm not sure if I can untap (with WWeF, Otqv, Forced awakening...) with another minion and can block, or only can deflect (because I declined to block first time), no matter minions I have ready (or not).

If you declined to block and changed the target of the bleed to another player, who then changed the bleed back to you you can try to block totally normally.

Or bounce as normally.

Also
if you have a hand full of untaps but no bounce and want to recycle cards. you can play untap card for any and all minions you want (usually these don´t say you NEED to block, but there ARE exceptions like Eluding Arms of Morpheus and 2nd Tradition where you need to try to block after the card untaps the minion).

Or if originally all your minions were tapped and you "Waked" ("Forced" or "Quived") one and bounced the bleed to another player with bounce card A. Then if the bleed is bounced back you are allowed to to try to block with that same minion without trying to untap it again since all those cards mentioned allow you to "attempt to block and play reaction cards as though untapped until the current action is concluded". You can also bounce again with this very same minion (see the quoted text above), but the card used for bounce can't be another copy of the bounce card A as you can only play one each reaction card per minion during an action. But bounce card B is OK (say Deflection followed by a Redirection or a Telepathic Misdirection).

Hope this makes sense?

Finnish :POT: Politics!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Lönkka
  • Antediluvian
  • Antediluvian
  • War=peace, freedom=slavery, ignorance=strength
More
30 Sep 2012 19:33 #38078 by Aerchangelus
Thanks to all.
All my playgroup is doing wrong so. I thought that after you say you declined to block, only can deflect, not block again.

Thanks again.

More
30 Sep 2012 20:18 #38080 by Lönkka
Replied by Lönkka on topic Re: Bleed deflected back.

I thought that after you say you declined to block, only can deflect, not block again.

You can't block again if you've declined to block.

BUT
if , after declining/failing to block, you deflect the bleed to another player, and she deflected the bleed back to you again, you can try to block/deflect again.

SO
Every time the target of the bleed changes, the target is eligible to block/deflect. (Continue until the so clled bleeksink is found ;) )

Finnish :POT: Politics!

• Lönkka
  • Antediluvian
  • Antediluvian
  • War=peace, freedom=slavery, ignorance=strength
More
30 Sep 2012 23:07 #38087 by Klaital
Replied by Klaital on topic Re: Bleed deflected back.
Also note that you CANNOT deflect a bleed until AFTER you have declined to block anyway, so if your bounce is DIed, you can't attempt to block again.

More
01 Oct 2012 05:30 #38104 by Boris The Blade

Every time the target of the bleed changes, the target is eligible to block/deflect. (Continue until the so clled bleeksink is found ;) )

To remember that, just think of Anneke, Eagle's sight,... There are ways for anyone to block anything crosstable. So when Deflection says "after blocks are declined", it means after blocks are declined BY EVERY PLAYER, not just the prey. If changing the target did not open a new blocking window, then a bounced bleed would be unblockable.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lönkka

More
01 Oct 2012 07:12 #38122 by Pascal Bertrand
Answers given here are correct.
Also notice the new opportunity to block is open for all players, when the bleed is deflected.
For instance, Anneke could declare a block attempt when a bleed is deflected to a player with 1 pool, when she previously declined to block it when it was against a player with 25 pool.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.084 seconds