file Abusing Leroux

08 Oct 2012 05:13 - 08 Oct 2012 05:14 #38548 by Ohlmann
Replied by Ohlmann on topic Re: Abusing Leroux

And even then, if you have less than 4 minions, which is a reasonable assumption, a Conditioning will do exactly the same thing, at the cost of 1 blood and 3 less actions.

3 minion = Andre Leroux bleed for 6 for 3 total actions.

So, your math is off. A sup' conditionning alone is the same thing as leroux with one other minion acting. 4 minions bleeding total are needed to have the same potential as govern + conditionning.

More importantly, I compare it to Palla Grande because both double your bleed potential, something very few to none other vampire do, on a 3-cap. As I have said right off the bat, there is significant drawback to Leroux use, namely that it is Leroux who do the entire bleed to compensate for that.

It does not mean he broke the format, but there is a reason for which both the Enkidu deck and the Shalmath deck were running some Leroux and not some :DOM: weenie and 4 conditionning : he is way more convenient, for an often superior bleed potential.
Last edit: 08 Oct 2012 05:14 by Ohlmann.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Reyda

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
08 Oct 2012 06:01 #38551 by Izaak
Replied by Izaak on topic Re: Abusing Leroux

3 minion = Andre Leroux bleed for 6 for 3 total actions.

Yes, and normally those 3 minions would bleed for 3 instead of just Andre for 6.

So Andre's special adds 3 (which is exactly what I said, since you have 3 minions in play) and therefore the Conditioning does exactly the same thing, except that it doesn't require you to first take two succesfull bleed actions for it to work.

I mean, it's not bad or anything, but it certainly isn't gamebreaking. The only thing that's kinda retarded is that you can use his special on himself, basically making him a 2-bleeder for 3 pool.

If you'd argue that's probably too much bang for buck I'd be inclined to agree but given his abysmal inferior auspex, I don't mind too much, especially since he's Toreador and those tend to not really have issues bleeding anyway.

More
08 Oct 2012 06:06 #38552 by Pascal Bertrand
Replied by Pascal Bertrand on topic Re: Abusing Leroux
I'm still looking for a rule question in here..

About the Fida'i: Their previous cardtext allowed them to untap several times per turn (including in the minion phase).

In my Shalmath deck, I use Andre for several purposes:
- Anima Gathering
- Responsible bleed (yes, he can reduce Shalmath's bleeds that get deflected to my grand prey)
- his finishing ability, once Shalmath has cleaned the place.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lönkka

More
11 Oct 2012 10:02 - 11 Oct 2012 10:06 #38874 by Azel
Replied by Azel on topic Re: Abusing Leroux

I'm still looking for a rule question in here..

Hmm, well to keep this topic relevant here, I do have one. It has to do with ordering effects. In a bleed of greater than 1, can I Andre LeRoux's special and then Spying Mission on the same bleed?

Both require a "would be successful" bleed therefore the bleed must equal at least 1 by the time Spying Mission goes off. So a "would be successful" bleed for 2 can be reduced by one to get +2 for LeRoux, then since it's still at least 1, play Spying Mission to store +2 bleed for a future bleed. Naturally this only works in this order, but it's legal, yes?

Andre LeRoux
Toreador
Capacity: 3
Group: 5
Camarilla: When a vampire you control would successfully bleed, you may reduce the bleed amount by 1 to give Andre +2 bleed this turn.

Spying Mission
Action Modifier
Obfuscate
obf: +1 stealth.
OBF: Only usable when a bleed would be successful. The bleed burns no pool; it is unsuccessful. Instead, put this card on the acting vampire. The next time this vampire would successfully bleed the same Methuselah, burn this card for +2 bleed.

If so, I have an OBF Assamite Alamut Death Star deck to adapt.
Last edit: 11 Oct 2012 10:06 by Azel. Reason: added: "at least"

More
11 Oct 2012 10:54 #38878 by Pascal Bertrand
Replied by Pascal Bertrand on topic Re: Abusing Leroux

Hmm, well to keep this topic relevant here, I do have one. It has to do with ordering effects. In a bleed of greater than 1, can I Andre LeRoux's special and then Spying Mission on the same bleed?

Yes.

Both require a "would be successful" bleed therefore the bleed must equal at least 1 by the time Spying Mission goes off. So a "would be successful" bleed for 2 can be reduced by one to get +2 for LeRoux, then since it's still at least 1, play Spying Mission to store +2 bleed for a future bleed. Naturally this only works in this order, but it's legal, yes?

Sure.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.060 seconds