file Abusing Leroux

05 Oct 2012 15:03 #38396 by Suoli
Replied by Suoli on topic Re: Abusing Leroux

any thoughts from someone who saw him in action ?
Isn't it time to put him in the RTR list ?

In certain combat decks, Andre is a slightly better pool damage mechanism than other available options. He allows you to oust faster but only if you're already in a winning position. Very possibly the best weenie in the game but not worth a nerf.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lönkka

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
05 Oct 2012 16:34 #38402 by finbury
Replied by finbury on topic Re: Abusing Leroux
I think LeRoux is fine just the way he is - and I believe he's working as designed. Some of the analysis here is a bit wonky.

First, if LeRoux is bleeding for 8, he'd have to reduce the bleed of three other vampires. So the net gain is actually only +5 bleed. Significant, but not crazy. In fact, it's exactly as much bleed as you'd get from a Week of Nightmares or Palla Grande.

Second, he's quite easy to defend against. No stealth disciplines, so even if your prey is running cloaks and veils, that maxes at +3 stealth - more likely around +1. This on a minion with no combat defense at all. If LeRoux would bleed for 8 and you bounce him, you've actually saved yourself 3 pool from the bleeds he reduced earlier in the turn.

No, LeRoux is at his most damaging when dealing with a defenseless prey - either one who taps out and is out of wakes, one who intended to bloat out of trouble, or one who has no minions left. The first is usually a gameplay choice, the second is a metagame choice, and the third requires a pretty dedicated combat deck from the predator - it's not a "card light" strategy.

More
05 Oct 2012 20:16 #38413 by Haze
Replied by Haze on topic Re: Abusing Leroux
he's obviously the best weenie in the game by leaps and bounds. he bleeds for 2 just by himself, without any other card on the table being involved. at least Beatrice requires some conviction cards to be usable, and she's at risk of being stolen anytime.

what's next, a 3 cap prince with no drawbacks?

More
05 Oct 2012 20:27 - 05 Oct 2012 20:31 #38414 by Kraus
Replied by Kraus on topic Re: Abusing Leroux

he's obviously the best weenie in the game by leaps and bounds. he bleeds for 2 just by himself, without any other card on the table being involved. at least Beatrice requires some conviction cards to be usable, and she's at risk of being stolen anytime.

what's next, a 3 cap prince with no drawbacks?

Marcianna Giovanni, Investigator or Royce aren't too shabby either, to be honest. :)

I just noticed there are a total of 6 2-caps in group 2 with :dom: . That's a lot, and none of them have any drawbacks which would really matter much.

"Oh, to the Hades with the manners! He's a complete bastard, and calling him that insults bastards everywhere!"
-Nalia De-Arnise

garourimgazette.wordpress.com/
www.vekn.net/forum-guidelines
Last edit: 05 Oct 2012 20:31 by Kraus.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lönkka, dude_PL, Vlad

More
05 Oct 2012 20:36 #38416 by Ohlmann
Replied by Ohlmann on topic Re: Abusing Leroux
Somebody mentioned the fact that Fida'i were errated. What was their old text ?

I agree that Leroux is the best weenie, like, ever. He don't even need discipline to do his dirty work.

But he is alone, not (yet ?) overused, and he help decks which aren't exactly top tier, so I believe he can be left alone.

More
05 Oct 2012 20:59 #38418 by finbury
Replied by finbury on topic Re: Abusing Leroux
I don't know if I'd say "best", but he's up there. Comparing:

Royce (1): bleeds for 1, or 3 with correct card. Bounces.
Ohanna etc (2): bleed for 1, or 5 with correct cards. Bounces. Many of them.
Marciana Giovanni (2): Bleed for 1, or 3 with correct card. Bounces. Hands out intercept.
Beatrice (3): bleed for 2, 3 with correct card, and your choice of permanent +1 bleed, +1 stealth, or not easy to steal.
LeRoux (3): bleeds for 2, 3 with correct card; can reduce your bleed; can increase bleed damage if your prey is defenseless, at the cost of concentrating it.
Keith Moody (3): bleeds for 1, or 6 with correct cards. Bounces.
Isabel de Leon: (3): bleeds for 1, or 2 with correct card; bounces; blocks.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.090 seconds