Leave from torpor question
How can the acting player use an effect to cancel a combat that does not happen?
The rules replaces combat with a nom-nom effect and the slave rule does not say "...cancel the combat (if any)..."
Inceptor Asian Continental Championship
In a leave torpor block context: [LSJ 20011224]
LSJ wrote: > Does this mean that there doesn't have to be a combat for a Gargoyle to tap
> and enter combat with the blocking minion, there just has to be a blocking
> minion ( and the appropriate acting minion )?
beslin igor wrote: And probably after combat this tremere can again try to leave right?
beslin igor wrote: as i know 3 action is allowed to repeat:hunt,diablerie and rescue from torpor,but if watch in these 3,i no see reason whu cant repeat leave from torpor.
The rules don't define which actions you can repeat, they define which actions you can't. They are:
2) Political action
3) An action provided by a card in play (including the minion themself) - although if there are two copies of a card in play, you can use the separate action from each one (e.g. burn Haven Uncovered, untap, burn a second Haven Uncovered)
4) An action card, by name (so can't play Govern at inferior and superior, for example)
5) A red list rush, via a marked vampire
These are all defined in the rulebook - 6.1.1, 6.1.6 (twice), 6.1.7, and 11.
('Leave torpor' is not on this list.)
This means that, for example:
- you can equip more than once with a card from your hand, if they are two different pieces of equipment
- you can equip more than once by taking equipment from minions in play
- you can recruit more than once, with different allies
- you can employ more than once, with different retainers