file Neutral Guard and 2nd Tradition

04 Feb 2013 17:59 #44822 by Robba Yaga
Did a quick search and did not find an answer, so here goes:

If an action is made unblockable as it's announced (such as by playing Neutral Guard), can a reaction card be played to untap the minion who would normally be forced to attempt a block (such as 2nd Tradition) just to untap the minion and allow it to play a different reaction card such as a bounce?

Thanks,
Robert Dudock

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
04 Feb 2013 18:14 - 04 Feb 2013 18:16 #44823 by Kiddo
I'd say nope, since you cannot attempt to block an action that by definition cannot be blocked. I'd also say that you cannot play cards that have 'attempt to block' part on actions that you legally cannot block, like bleeds on other people.

The same reason you cannot Sense the Savage Way/2nd Trad to play Eagle's Sight to block actions you normally wouldn't be eligible to.
Last edit: 04 Feb 2013 18:16 by Kiddo.

More
04 Feb 2013 18:49 #44825 by Ohlmann
I confirm you cannot play 2nd trad if the vampire cannot block the action. The "try to block" part is not optional ; if you cannot do it you cannot play the reaction at all.

More
05 Feb 2013 01:02 #44851 by Adonai

Did a quick search and did not find an answer

Disappointing.
See also: FAQ

www.thelasombra.com/vtes_faq.htm

Cards which require a block attempt as part of their untap effect (2nd Tradition, Eternal Vigilance, Speak with Spirits, Special Report, The Mole, Black Sunrise, Eluding the Arms of Morpheus, Sense the Savage Way) cannot be played if your vampires cannot block the action.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Pascal Bertrand, Robba Yaga

More
05 Feb 2013 11:55 #44870 by Robba Yaga
Sorry Lasombra, my quick search did not include your site. My oversight and my most humble apologies. =-/

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.065 seconds