file Stutter Step vs ...

10 Feb 2013 12:25 #45128 by kombainas
Replied by kombainas on topic Re: Stutter Step vs ...
I am not sure Quickness neccessarily cannot played after Stutter Step. After all, it is worded in a way to specifically contradict additional strike rulings:

Rulebook
6.4.3. Strike

A minion cannot use more than one card or effect to gain additional strikes per round of combat.

!malk! :OBF: :DEM: :cel: :cap6: Sabbat. If this vampire's bleed is successful, he laughs manicly and untaps.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 Feb 2013 13:53 #45134 by Pascal Bertrand

I am not sure Quickness neccessarily cannot played after Stutter Step. After all, it is worded in a way to specifically contradict additional strike rulings:

Rulebook
6.4.3. Strike

A minion cannot use more than one card or effect to gain additional strikes per round of combat.

Quickness cannot be played after Stutter-step due to Stutter-Step's text.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Adonai, Soonerborn

More
19 Jun 2014 14:34 - 19 Jun 2014 14:37 #63231 by rezwits
Replied by rezwits on topic Re: Stutter Step vs ...

Quickness cannot be played after Stutter-step due to Stutter-Step's text.

This is LAME!

I am trying to figure out SERIOUSLY, why or where anyone would play Quickness then...

The only thing I can think of would be if you had Melisande or something? But even still you would just pack Blurs...

I am just looking for where Quickness would be cost effective that you would stock them in your deck. The only place I EVER found was following up a Stutter-step...

It's like most card games tho, when you find a cool combo, those who didn't find the combo, say "No it doesn't work like that and you can't play that" haha :P You know it's true.

But this is old, but I had to just comment, because I can't find where you would play quickness, over just having Blur or Lighting Reflexes...

Please let me know where this is cost effective, hand effective, and deck effective, Quickness is a cool card but...

besides following an acrobatics (which would cost 2 blood) unless you have Miller Delmardigan <or> Mitru the Hunter!

LAME now, in my neck (of the woods) <-- get it?
Last edit: 19 Jun 2014 14:37 by rezwits.

More
19 Jun 2014 15:31 #63233 by jamesatzephyr

But this is old, but I had to just comment, because I can't find where you would play quickness, over just having Blur or Lighting Reflexes...

Please let me know where this is cost effective, hand effective, and deck effective, Quickness is a cool card but...

It's not super awesome, but imagine you want 3 additional strikes - Blur won't cut it alone, and Lightning Reflexes is 4 blood (1 cost, plus 3 for the 3 strikes). At the cost of an additional card, you could get 3 strikes for 2 blood, and you might decide you like doing that sort of thing to upset people's calculations - you might think you can survive Ransam blurring with his .44 Magnum with your 5 blood and Skin of Rock but, surprise! Of course, you might be better off playing a Target card or an ammo card.

The few decks in the TWDA including it only have 1 or 2 copies, which seems reasonable-ish.

More
19 Jun 2014 15:42 #63234 by Jeff Kuta
Replied by Jeff Kuta on topic Re: Stutter Step vs ...

I am trying to figure out SERIOUSLY, why or where anyone would play Quickness then...

It's a bad card. It was only created because Jacko and Sword of Judgment were also introduced in the Sabbat set so they wanted a combat card to replicate the effect.

When you are anvil, be patient; when a hammer, strike.
:CEL::DOM::OBF::POT::QUI:
pckvtes.wordpress.com
@pckvtes
The following user(s) said Thank You: rezwits

More
26 Jun 2014 11:42 - 26 Jun 2014 11:44 #63363 by Asnek
Replied by Asnek on topic Re: Stutter Step vs ...

goratrix + infernal pact (gain celerity) + quickness = theft you out in one round for free. (ok we have pocket out of time now...)
but what if you join him with merged Menele?

quickness is one of that cards that require to think whole deck around if you want to play it. same goes for many other cards and this does not include clan cards as well. you may as well cry why do not all clans have ventrue HQ, gain pool locations or gain stealth locations. it's same idea like you would most probably not include monastre of shadows in weenie deck with average crypt of 3.5. it simply does fit only somewhere.

:hosk: :dem: :val: :for: :AUS: :NEC: :SER: :cap7:

assholepopulation.com/
Did u saw one today?
Last edit: 26 Jun 2014 11:44 by Asnek.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.110 seconds