file Does Catatonic Fear + Target Vitals work?

20 Mar 2013 11:04 #46181 by Reyda
i'd have to say "my links are too sharp for y'all" :silly:

Imagination is our only weapon in the war against reality -Jules de Gaultier

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
20 Mar 2013 11:10 #46182 by Shockwave
Maybe they're even C#?

(Wow, that's a geeky, geeky pun.)

:AUS: :FOR: :VAL: Here we go again....
Dave Knowles (Advanced)
Sabbat Bishop of Manchester
The following user(s) said Thank You: D-dennis

More
21 Mar 2013 03:46 #46190 by Juggernaut1981
I don't know if that's the right *key* Shockwave... (woohoo music pun!)

:bruj::CEL::POT::PRE::tha: Baron of Sydney, Australia, 418

More
01 Apr 2013 17:01 #46453 by jamesatzephyr

Remember, only Leather Jacket can save you from Catatonic Fear's damage. Regular combat cards can't, as they are only usable in combat, and Catatonic Fear's damage happens after combat has ended.

As well as Surge, which Reyda mentions, Nephandus's special also works. [LSJ 20080630]
The following user(s) said Thank You: vragozakas

More
20 Apr 2013 12:30 #47285 by Jeff Kuta

(The two cards were worded differently, but actually inflict the damage in the same way, afaik.)

I have a doubt about this.
Catatonic Fear: the damage is inflicted by the vampire playing it.
Loving Agony: the damage is "environmental".

Target Vitals work for both (since both strikes inflict damage) but the source of the damage is not the same.

I have a different doubt about this. It seems to me there may be a slightly different timing window for CF and LA.

CF "inflict(s) 1 damage...once combat ends." This timing window has been ruled to be outside of combat so you can't play damage prevention combat cards. By the same logic, you couldn't play Taste of Vitae afterwards either since combat has ended and no combat cards can be played.

LA reads "combat ends and the opposing minion takes 1 damage." To me that implies those effects are applied simultaneously. If this is true, you can play end of round effects after LA, such as Taste of Vitae. IIRC, you can play Taste of Vitae after S:CE because it is still an end of round card (hand strike, additional strike(s), majesty/earth meld, taste), or even Disarm by the same reasoning.

But, if LA damage can be Tasted, then it should be preventable too, right? Combat cards can still be played, so any time damage is inflicted, combat cards which prevent damage should be eligible.

Any additional clarifications are welcome since I expect to see this situation with both CF and LA in tournaments this weekend. Thanks.

Name: Catatonic Fear
Cardtype: Combat
Cost: 1 blood
Discipline: Presence

Strike: combat ends.
 As above, and inflict 1 damage to the opposing minion once combat ends if the range is close.

Name: Loving Agony
Cardtype: Combat
Cost: 1 blood
Discipline: Valeren/Animalism
Only usable at close range.
[ani] Strike: hand strike at +1 damage.
[val] Strike: combat ends and the opposing minion takes 1 damage.
[VAL] As [val] above, and this vampire may burn 1 blood to untap before combat ends.

When you are anvil, be patient; when a hammer, strike.
:CEL::DOM::OBF::POT::QUI:
pckvtes.wordpress.com
@pckvtes

More
20 Apr 2013 15:12 #47293 by delangen
Aim. Play when choosing a strike.
If any damage from this strike is successfully inflicted on the opposing minion, he or she takes an additional 2 damage from this strike, and he or she cannot press this round. The opposing minion may discard two combat cards to cancel this card. A minion may play only one aim each strike.

Once/when the combat ends cards are after the strike resolution phase...actually after the entire combat is over...so can't be healed in the regular manner... I believe leather jacket and maybe blood tears of kephran...nope just checked says in combat...

GL in tournie

:aus: :dom: :tha: :for: :trem:

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.110 seconds