file Rules Team Rulings - 22-APR-2013

22 Apr 2013 23:29 #47397 by Mael

And if Villein gets banned, 90% of the tournament decks get significantly altered, and a sizable part of your player base probably just calls it quits right there.

Villein + Lilith's Blessing appeared in >90% of casual and tournament decks that I've seen and played since Lilith's was printed. The effect was too powerful and efficient for a single MPA.

Did you not see this in your home games?
Did you not see this in tournament play?
If you did, was it not too powerful and efficient?

So, just to make it clear, your position is that you think Villein should not be banned because it's in 90% of decks you've seen, but Lilith's Blessing should be banned because it's in 90% of decks you've seen?
I'm not sure I follow your logic here.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
23 Apr 2013 00:13 #47399 by ICL
I really like the idea that the rulings page(s) will actually try to have all rulings. I frequently have found that I can't find a ruling for a card when I know my question has been asked and answered on the newsgroup or elsewhere.

So, I'd like to extend thanks for the efforts to clarify things.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lönkka, Juggernaut1981

More
23 Apr 2013 02:53 #47409 by brandonsantacruz
I don't mind seeing LB banned. The main effect of LB is that Villein is extra good, which it didn't need to be.

Be careful when you fight the monsters, lest you become one.
-Friedrich Nietzsche

brandonsantacruz.blogspot.com/
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lönkka

More
23 Apr 2013 04:31 #47413 by Kraus
I don't know how I feel about this. Some players here will be angry about it.

The card was problematic though. I was just hoping there could've been other ways to fix it. Maybe you'll find some solution before the end of the year though. :)

I for one always thought that it made some deck types way better than they needed to be. Completely free Inner Circles? I don't know if that should be allowed to happen.

Maybe this ruling will require some time to sink in.

"Oh, to the Hades with the manners! He's a complete bastard, and calling him that insults bastards everywhere!"
-Nalia De-Arnise

garourimgazette.wordpress.com/
www.vekn.net/forum-guidelines

More
23 Apr 2013 04:36 #47414 by AaronC
Banning LB is fairly easy to justify because it is a storyline promo card that was not (supposedly) playtested.

Lots of people play LB in LA, so we see it a lot. Besides the problem with Villein, LB gives a stupid advantage in the war of attrition that is VTES.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lönkka

More
23 Apr 2013 04:49 #47416 by Ohlmann
Also, if the RT want to limit blood generation, Lillith Blessing is the first target. Taste of vitae cannot be banned without making a lot of deck unplayable, while only some cheesy deck are vitaly dependant on the Lillith Blessing.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.107 seconds