file Kerrie and Baal's Bloody Talons

22 May 2013 11:35 #48928 by Juggernaut1981
Only if you have the standard Strength...

A good few stunts could be done to push that up.

@Reyda:
Why was the Laibon !Salubri deck not using Death Seeker to cancel the S:CEs/Psyches? And also not using other tech like Sword of the Righteous & Armour of Caine's Fury??

:bruj::CEL::POT::PRE::tha: Baron of Sydney, Australia, 418

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
22 May 2013 11:50 #48929 by Ohlmann

You're right. The point is mainly that long range aggravated for a card ain't that uncommon, especially in Quietus. But that's true that Qawiyya can do impressive damage with daggers and Sword of the Righteous.

(and maybe the deck Reyda talk of were before HttB ?)

More
22 May 2013 14:17 - 22 May 2013 14:19 #48937 by ReverendRevolver
The laibon !salubri decks work ok, but they arent as resiliant as other themes. Langa and dela are the strongest vamps, nkechi just support, but they are hurt by lack of brother in arms being laibon.

Honestly, assamites havimg to burn thier kerrie or dagger (@close)makes me like the concept alot less, and believr me, ive tried to make valeren kerries work. Assamites can do better ranged agg without as much setup, and walking stick baals bloody talons is way less investment with thier close range agg. Honestly, the two assamagagi are better off not using kerrie tech, since building decks with them is rough as is.
If thr deck needs to be versatile in range, running like 4-5 taste of death, 3-4 bloody talons, and 5 walking sticksis probably a way better option in general.
Last edit: 22 May 2013 14:19 by ReverendRevolver.

More
22 May 2013 16:38 #48952 by Robert Scythe
One can still throw the Kerrie (or dagger) at close range and use the Talons on it to not burn it. Matt Wedge and I designed a Laibon Assamite deck that used Sticks and BBT's with a couple of more permanent Kerries to go along with. The deck design was on the Path of Blood site when it was still around. The deck has entered quite a few tournaments and made the finals every time but never caught the ring.

More
22 May 2013 17:43 - 22 May 2013 17:47 #48955 by Reyda

@Reyda:
Why was the Laibon !Salubri deck not using Death Seeker to cancel the S:CEs/Psyches? And also not using other tech like Sword of the Righteous & Armour of Caine's Fury??

Quite simple : that card was not printed yet. It could be better with it. It could also slightly alter the cardflow. However, the deck still has a limitation : there are only 3 laibon with :val: / :VAL:

(oh, and yes I also know you could still go the bamba / blooding by the code way, but you are essentially watering down a combat deck which may not be good thing. I can't tell, really, didn't try to do it myself. )

(edit again : and there is also mozambique allure. so maybe something can be done with other !salubri or brother in arms with a minimum amount of slots ?)

Imagination is our only weapon in the war against reality -Jules de Gaultier
Last edit: 22 May 2013 17:47 by Reyda.

More
06 Aug 2020 05:53 #100488 by spencerarcher

sound almost like a cheat

actually it's not so easy. cartooncrazy
I saw a laibon valeren deck (Dela Eden, Nkechi, Langa) who was working on the same principle Kerrie helped get rid of those "i manoeuver with my gun" decks.
It's quite effective, but card intensive, and the kerrie cannot be used in subsequent rounds, and it cannot trump psyche either. Plus, you have nothing to counter strike: combat ends. So, nice combo, but difficult to use in practice.

the movement as well the flow of it, its really good

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.106 seconds