file Guide and Mentor - Perfectionist

11 Jun 2013 14:55 #49725 by erewego
(did a search for ' guide and mentor ' and nothing comes up.

If I do a guide and mentor action to get a perfectionist, do I gain the blood from perfectionist as well (assuming successful and no reaction played)?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 Jun 2013 15:12 #49726 by Wedge
Yes, Perfectionist is on your vampire before the action is over.

Guide and Mentor
Master.
Put this card in play. A vampire you control may search your library for a master: archetype and move 1 blood from the bank and that card to himself or herself as a +1 stealth action that costs X pool where X is the number of copies of that card on minions you control (requirements and cost apply as normal).

Perfectionist
Master: archetype.
Put this card on a vampire you control. Once per turn, when this vampire sucessfully performs an action and no reaction cards are played, he or she gains 1 blood after the action is resolved. A vampire can have only one archetype.

More
11 Jun 2013 20:08 #49733 by tigernat
Matt,

I disagree with you. The resolution of the action is to put the perfectionist on your vampire. The perfectionist has no knowledge that you just took a successful action.

Vegas gNat

More
11 Jun 2013 20:33 #49734 by Wedge
Nat,

I ask you. When does one play Freak Drive? If there is always window to play it, (i.e. at the end, after resoling) why wouldn't you gain blood for Peferctionist?

Warning: Spoiler!

More
11 Jun 2013 21:55 #49735 by tigernat
Doesn't it seem like you are going back in time to benefit from the perfectionist? It does to me. It was not in play for the action.

If I equip an Ankara Citadel, Turkey...I only have to pay 1 blood because I can use the text on the Citadel, right? :-P Paying for actions and resolving the action happen in the same step according to the rules.

More
11 Jun 2013 22:31 #49736 by Wedge
6.2.3. Resolve the Action

Warning: Spoiler!

They are not exactly simultaneous. How(why) does an action fizzle if you can not pay the cost?

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.091 seconds