file Clarification on Blood Rage / Blood Fury vs. Immortal Grapple

19 Jun 2013 14:17 - 19 Jun 2013 14:19 #50048 by Kude
Blood Rage
Warning: Spoiler!

Blood Fury

Immortal Grapple

My question is, are Blood Rage and Blood Fury playable under the effect of Immortal Grapple (The first round effect)?

Reasoning: While they say they are just Strikes, the strike itself says you make hand strike with +x strength that cannot be prevented with fortitude etc. And this confuses me, and I would like to get this sorted.

:trem::DOM::AUS::THA::cap7:
Last edit: 19 Jun 2013 14:19 by Kude.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 Jun 2013 14:37 - 19 Jun 2013 14:40 #50051 by jamesatzephyr

My question is, are Blood Rage and Blood Fury playable under the effect of Immortal Grapple (The first round effect)?

Yes. They're hand strikes.

www.vekn.net/index.php/general-rulings
Hand Strike: any non-ranged, non-weapon strike that deals damage based on the striking minion's strength, or any minion's non-ranged damage-dealing innate strike. [LSJ 19970224]

Reasoning: While they say they are just Strikes, the strike itself says you make hand strike with +x strength that cannot be prevented with fortitude etc. And this confuses me, and I would like to get this sorted.

"Strike: hand strike" is pretty explicit that it's a hand strike.

Is it the unpreventable damage that worries you? That's fine. You can do things in addition to making a non-ranged, strength-based, non-weapon strike, such as making it unpreventable, making the damage aggravated or whatever.

Creeping Infection from Thanatosis: "Strike: hand strike, and put this card on the opposing minion." is also a hand strike. The "put this card on the minion" bit is part of the strike, but doesn't invalidate it being a hand strike.
Last edit: 19 Jun 2013 14:40 by jamesatzephyr.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kude

More
19 Jun 2013 15:08 #50054 by Kude
Thank you for the answer! It helped clear things out.

:trem::DOM::AUS::THA::cap7:

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.083 seconds