file Bleeding to oust with Lorrie Dunsirn at 1 pool

27 Jun 2013 11:31 #50549 by Timo
No, it is just that the cost and the basic resolution are simultaneous. In your example, the "basic resolution" would be "enter combat" so you pay at this moment and you are ousted.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
27 Jun 2013 11:37 #50550 by self biased
but you don't redraw until the combat is over. therefore the combat is a part of the action's resolution. Or have I been reading the 'do not replace until the end of the action' incorrectly all these years?

More
27 Jun 2013 11:48 - 27 Jun 2013 11:55 #50552 by Izaak
No you haven't.

What I have understood from this thread is that an action has two "resolution points." The first one is when the stuff on the card happens (and that's when you pay) and the second part is when the action is actually over which is where you redraw and play Freak Drive and whatnot. It's likely someone will come up with an example where it doesn't make sense at which point JaZ, PB and A will tear their example apart by quoting the correct sequence of comma's and footnotes in the rulebook all the while claiming it "makes sense" and is "easy to understand".

Anyway,

What it comes down to, is that action resolving doesn´t actually mean the action is resolved. It just means the action is happening. It's like a "pay now, benefit later" deal. This applies to entering combat en political actions.

Occasionally, however, resolving and ending do actually happen simultaneously and then you pay and gain at the same time. This applies to bleed. I mean, surely bleed actions need a little extra help.

Kinda like Timo said. This thread basically introduces the new term "basic resolution". Basically new rules are being made up because someone *really* wanted to play Eternals of Sirius at 4 pool. Don't worry about it, the term "impulse" was being used in rulings for years even though it wasn't in the rulebook at the time.
Last edit: 27 Jun 2013 11:55 by Izaak.
The following user(s) said Thank You: self biased

More
27 Jun 2013 11:56 #50553 by Ohlmann

Kinda like Timo said. This thread basically introduces the new term "basic resolution". Basically new rules are being made up because someone *really* wanted to play Eternals of Sirius at 4 pool.

I don't see why Eternal of Sirius would have caused this. It happened for a significantly simpler and yet more problematic thing.

During the resolution, you do everything that need no subsequent interaction. Combat, diableries, referendum, ousting, are done immediatly after because they need interaction. Gaining pool, crucially, is not interactive, while an oust is (because of the boon and certainly other effects)

In other word, you have an atomic resolution, and everything that cannot be atomic by definition is done immediatly after what's atomic. The only "confusing" part (in the loosiest sense) is that non-atomic parts are the exception, not the rule.

More
27 Jun 2013 11:56 - 27 Jun 2013 12:03 #50554 by Timo
No. This is why I used a non official term "basic resolution" which could be opposed with "complete resolution"

This is the same thing with a political action there is thee paying + "basic resolution" which would be "calling a parity" and then, there is a lot of other stuff occuring before the "complete resolution" like choosing terms, voting, resolving effects and playing action modifier / reactions / effects.

And after all this stuff, the action end.

Edit : I was speaking to self biaised. I agree with what have been said by Ohlman and Izaak.
Last edit: 27 Jun 2013 12:03 by Timo.

More
27 Jun 2013 13:53 #50565 by TunFiskeMad
So if you take the pool from the oust you have declined to freak drive?

- I have bitten the mighy judge-beard.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.097 seconds