file Bleeding to oust with Lorrie Dunsirn at 1 pool

27 Jun 2013 16:17 #50583 by kombainas

So if you take the pool from the oust you have declined to freak drive?

No, because ousting does not end action. Otherwise this card would have been errataed:

Edge of the World

Action Modifier

Guruhi

Usable by a ready Guruhi you control, acting or not. Only usable if you have gained a victory point during this action. You gain 4 pool. If this Guruhi is acting, he or she untaps and gains enough blood from the bank to reach full capacity. Only one Edge of the World can be played each action.

It is still playable during the action resulting in oust, but after getting benefits of the oust.

!malk! :OBF: :DEM: :cel: :cap6: Sabbat. If this vampire's bleed is successful, he laughs manicly and untaps.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Juggernaut1981

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
27 Jun 2013 16:28 #50584 by Izaak
Ye there was a stack, I actually said it wrong. Like, I mistyped 1999 for 2009 for some reason.

Magic had the terrible batch system before Sixth edition. It got got replaced with the stack in Sixth edition, and that was in 1999. Along with it Interrupts, mana sources and all them shennenigans disappeared.

It's also the edition that put combat damage on the stack. Which was fairly stupid, because as you describe:

Mogg fanatic could, at its last core set printing, block a1/1, put damage on the stack, then sac itsself to ping either another creature or player for one.

That got changed with M10 (which was in 2009, so that's prolly where the number came from). They described it as a swordsman swinging his sword to land a hit, then vanishing and still have the sword connect or something like that. It works pretty well nowadays, except that the whole "shields" thing for damage prevention is somewhat weird.

Anyway, i think it was implied, but do you agree with me that some sort of stack esque system would help us at least some?

I suppose, ye.

More
27 Jun 2013 23:41 #50615 by Jeff Kuta

Sandra diablerizes B's vampire, unblocked. What happens?

What is supposed to be the subtlety ? A is ousted anyway. I don't remember the timing for Sandra's (or Lutz's) ability, so I can't say more.

Hm, my point was more about diablerie being "atomic".

If a vampire commits diablerie which directly leads to pool loss and an oust, would titled vampires controlled by the ousted methuselah be able to participate in the blood hunt?

Of course, re-checking the rule book shows that the Blood Hunt is separate from the atomic Diablerie steps, so the point is moot.

When you are anvil, be patient; when a hammer, strike.
:CEL::DOM::OBF::POT::QUI:
pckvtes.wordpress.com
@pckvtes

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.079 seconds