file crocodiles tongue VS aching beauty

15 Jul 2013 15:30 #51551 by AriusZet
Hi there!

Aching beauty sais "if thhis torreador IS BLOCKED". If a toreador with aching beauty (after someone attempts to block his action) plays crocodiles tongue, what happens?

Crocodile's tongue sais: play if a vampire... ATTEMPTS to block. That block is cancelled...

So if i dont pay blood to attempt block, the action is unblocked, so i don't have to pay the pool becouse of aching beauty? Since the action is unblocked, and unblockable?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 Jul 2013 15:38 - 15 Jul 2013 15:39 #51552 by Ohlmann
Cardtext are useful to put in the question

Aching beauty

Master.
Put this card on a Toreador. If this Toreador is blocked, the controller of the blocking minion burns 1 pool (before combat occurs, if any).

Crocodile's tongue

Only usable when an ally or a younger vampire attempts to block. That block is canceled (the minion is not tapped). The blocking minion's controller cannot attempt to block this action again. The blocking minion can cancel this card by burning a blood or life.

Now, Crocodile's Tongue is played well before Aching beauty have any effect. Your toreador A with Aching Beauty attempt an action, a punk B try to block. Now, you can play Croc tongue.

If you play Croc and the other player don't burn blood, the block attempt fail and nothing more happen (you resolve your action, or some other punk play a reaction, or another player try to block, as usual)

If you play Croc and the other player burn blood to cancel Croc's tongue, the attempt continue (you can play some stealth for example). If the block is successful, B's owner burn a pool.

If you don't play Croc tongue, then it's the same as if Crocodile Tongue was played and B had burned blood to cancel it.
Last edit: 15 Jul 2013 15:39 by Ohlmann.
The following user(s) said Thank You: AriusZet

More
16 Jul 2013 11:12 - 16 Jul 2013 11:13 #51629 by AriusZet
and once again, i can interpret simple grammar. thank you very much :)
Sorry for the missing cardtext, i was on my phone
Last edit: 16 Jul 2013 11:13 by AriusZet.

More
16 Jul 2013 15:56 #51642 by ReverendRevolver
I never payed attention to this, i recall a player when kot came out usimg aching beauty, crocs tongue, and force of personality along with chamge of target with some torries. I paid for the mods, then aching beauty once with Anson then hexchanged taget. Rushed all his AB minions the next minion phase. Hard to oust when all your combo gets wrecked.......

More
16 Jul 2013 17:19 #51652 by Izaak
Hard to win too, when you give your grandpredator an empty ready region to bleed into -_-

More
17 Jul 2013 16:18 #51761 by ReverendRevolver

Hard to win too, when you give your grandpredator an empty ready region to bleed into -_-

Normally. But that guy was going backwards with ruahes. And losing. 2 seats of buffer is awesome.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.080 seconds