file Does Frontal Assault override action restrictions?

01 Aug 2013 17:51 - 01 Aug 2013 17:55 #52610 by prunesquallor
I have Frontal Assault in play :

Frontal Assault
Master.
Put this card in play. Each ready minion you control may enter combat with any minion controlled by your prey as a (D) action. You gain 1 pool each time a ready minion controlled by your prey is burned or sent to torpor. During your influence phase, burn this card and burn 1 pool for each ready minion controlled by your prey.

Inspired by an old hypothetical decklist by Darby, I have a Hellhound (riding a Hawg, wearting a leather jacket, and wielding a combat shotgun).

Hellhound
:ally:
:pool: 2
Ghoul with 2 life. 1 strength, 0 bleed.
The Hellhound cannot take actions. If the Hellhound has only 1 life during your untap phase, it gains 1 life from the blood bank.

Does the Frontal Assault allow the Hellhound to take an action to enter combat with one of my prey's minions?
Last edit: 01 Aug 2013 17:55 by prunesquallor.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
01 Aug 2013 17:58 #52611 by jamesatzephyr

Does the Frontal Assault allow the Hellhound to take an action to enter combat with one of my prey's minions?

No.

Frontal Assault grants an action that minions can choose to take. But Hell Hound cannot take actions, so its expanded number of choices is irrelevant.

More
01 Aug 2013 18:44 #52616 by prunesquallor
Thanks much, I'll change over to having Underbridge Strays.

Unlike Hellhounds, they can take actions, they provide presses for each other (so they'll probably ride sport bikes and not hawgs), and my minions pay for them not me.

More
01 Aug 2013 19:54 #52618 by Ohlmann
The underbridge stray biker gang. I can't stop laughing at the idea of a dog with a shotgun.

More
01 Aug 2013 20:02 - 01 Aug 2013 20:03 #52619 by Lönkka

I have a Hellhound (riding a Hawg, wearting a leather jacket, and wielding a combat shotgun).

RESPECT!

Finnish :POT: Politics!
Last edit: 01 Aug 2013 20:03 by Lönkka.

• Lönkka
  • Antediluvian
  • Antediluvian
  • War=peace, freedom=slavery, ignorance=strength
More
01 Aug 2013 20:04 #52620 by prunesquallor
Perhaps we could eventually get a ruling that Animal minions can't use equipment.

But until then, there's the Scooby Doo Biker Gang.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.083 seconds