file STORYLINE - RAGNARÖK, THE FINAL BATTLE

01 Oct 2013 10:40 #54630 by Joscha
In my experience most (all?) people participating in storyline events don't bend rules but are looking for fun. I never saw somebody trying to be so supersmart.

Baron of Frankfurt

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
01 Oct 2013 11:09 #54631 by jamesatzephyr

In my experience most (all?) people participating in storyline events don't bend rules but are looking for fun. I never saw somebody trying to be so supersmart.

In pretty much every storyline that's existed since Imbued have been created, people have wanted to play Imbued. No supersmart about it - just players wanting to play a deck they like.

More
01 Oct 2013 12:35 #54636 by mikelosaurus

The rules as announced don't prohibit Imbued. 75% of the vampires in your crypt must be of the same clan. But it doesn't say that 75% of your crypt must be the same clan. So with 12 Imbued in your crypt, 75% of the 0 vampires you have must be the same clan.

Caitiff are screwed except for the 25% option, yes.

This is indeed the intent.

Read my new blog: gameaholicblog.wordpress.com

More
02 Oct 2013 09:38 #54688 by Joscha

No supersmart about it - just players wanting to play a deck they like.

Hm, okay. But why disallowing a mix of vampire clans and allowing a mix of Imbuedcreeds? Because they have just three of each creed? Scarce clans do also.

OTOH I just realise that I would not have a problem with it if sbdy. likes to play his Imbueddeck.

Baron of Frankfurt

More
02 Oct 2013 14:23 #54705 by jamesatzephyr

No supersmart about it - just players wanting to play a deck they like.

Hm, okay. But why disallowing a mix of vampire clans and allowing a mix of Imbuedcreeds?

I'm pretty certain that playing an Imbued deck where 9 of your Imbued had to be the same creed would be awful.

Because they have just three of each creed? Scarce clans do also.

Pretty different problem. They're (mostly) designed to be used singly(*), so a deck with three of one Scarce vampire and 9 helpers from another clan wouldn't be impossible, or adding a Nagaraja to a Necromancy deck or something. Yeah, it kinda sucks that you can't easily play a star vampire deck with 5 copies of a scarce vampire and a bunch of off-clan helpers, or really stand a chance of championing the True Brujah in most of these 75% storylines, but all sorts of decks are restricted in storylines. (One of the more annoying being that - assuming a 12 card crypt - you can have only three copies of Anarch Convert, and quite a few people play 4 or 5 of them ordinarily.) Maybe if you could find a good way of turning one of them into a turbo-deck...

(*) According to playtesters, an early version of the Scarce rule was that all Scarce vampires contested each other, rather than the penalty we currently have. So presumably at least the initial design was no two Salubri ever being used by the same Methuselah - and possibly, as a consequence, no likelihood of even including two different Salubri in the same crypt. Probably some corner-case trickery where you might prefer one Salubri over the other mid-game, but not generally so.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.081 seconds