file STORYLINE - RAGNARÖK, THE FINAL BATTLE

30 Sep 2013 05:41 #54529 by Lönkka

I misread the rules, effects targeting allies cant be used so I assume you can't use it, still curious about blood to water though.

From the "Rules" PDF's FAQ:
Q: Can I burn an Adversary with Entombment/Blood of Sandman/etc.?
A: No, as Adversaries are immune to card effects which target allies.

While Blood to Water isn't specifically mentioned, it still is a card that targets Allies so by default it is not playable just in the same way Entombement isn't playable.

I think the idea probably was to force people to brutally pound the adversaries instead of cheesily disposing them with clever tricks.

Finnish :POT: Politics!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Lönkka
  • Antediluvian
  • Antediluvian
  • War=peace, freedom=slavery, ignorance=strength
More
30 Sep 2013 18:44 #54582 by mikelosaurus

While Blood to Water isn't specifically mentioned, it still is a card that targets Allies so by default it is not playable just in the same way Entombement isn't playable.

Correct.

I think the idea probably was to force people to brutally pound the adversaries instead of cheesily disposing them with clever tricks.

Correct.

Read my new blog: gameaholicblog.wordpress.com

More
01 Oct 2013 04:21 #54603 by Corvis
Caitiffs and Imbued are out of this storyline (except possibility to contribute to 25% of the crypt)?

More
01 Oct 2013 04:48 #54608 by jamesatzephyr

Caitiffs and Imbued are out of this storyline (except possibility to contribute to 25% of the crypt)?

The rules as announced don't prohibit Imbued. 75% of the vampires in your crypt must be of the same clan. But it doesn't say that 75% of your crypt must be the same clan. So with 12 Imbued in your crypt, 75% of the 0 vampires you have must be the same clan.

Caitiff are screwed except for the 25% option, yes.

More
01 Oct 2013 05:32 #54610 by Corvis

So with 12 Imbued in your crypt, 75% of the 0 vampires you have must be the same clan.

I feel that if I will tell this ruling aloud in our playgroup - I would get to hang on the nearest tree ^_^
unless we could get some official approval of this? %)

More
01 Oct 2013 05:43 #54612 by jamesatzephyr

So with 12 Imbued in your crypt, 75% of the 0 vampires you have must be the same clan.

I feel that if I will tell this ruling aloud in our playgroup - I would get to hang on the nearest tree ^_^
unless we could get some official approval of this? %)

Robert Goudie stated on behalf of V:EKN in 2006 that if future storylines weren't compatible with the Imbued, this would be made clear in the rules.

If V:EKN have abandoned this (obviously sensible) policy, it's not clear why.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.088 seconds