compress A New rule : no group restriction for any Caitiffs

30 Nov 2013 10:13 #57250 by goronaga
I suggest a new rule: no group restriction to any Caitiff. Caitiff’s main role is to support other clans and the aim of game designing should be that every group is in some kind of balance. Group 6 isn’t balanced right now because of various reasons but one reason is the lack of supporting vampires. So, we all know that group 6 is very hard to play because of limited crypt selections. Removing the grouping rule for Caitiff would be an easy and not-too-big solution for the group 6 problem.

Any thoughs?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
30 Nov 2013 10:41 #57251 by Klaital
So you want to give 4 dom weenies to each grouping in addition to what they have available already?

More
30 Nov 2013 10:44 #57252 by Ankha
I think it's a bad idea. Vampires are usually designed with the grouping in mind (starting with group 3) so allowing any Caitiff in any crypt may break some balance.

the aim of game designing should be that every group is in some kind of balance. Group 6 isn’t balanced right now because of various reasons but one reason is the lack of supporting vampires.

That will be addressed in future expansions.

So, we all know that group 6 is very hard to play because of limited crypt selections. Removing the grouping rule for Caitiff would be an easy and not-too-big solution for the group 6 problem.

Being "hard" to deckbuild may be a challenge, not a problem.

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director

More
30 Nov 2013 10:50 - 30 Nov 2013 10:50 #57253 by Ashur
No thanks. Klaital and Ankha are right.

"My strategy? Luck is my strategy, of course."
Last edit: 30 Nov 2013 10:50 by Ashur.

More
30 Nov 2013 10:51 #57254 by Ankha

More
30 Nov 2013 11:46 #57255 by a-e

So you want to give 4 dom weenies to each grouping in addition to what they have available already?

Actually there's only two Caitiff that have dom, but there's four 1-2cap with pre and one 3cap with PRE.

Anyway, I don't see how this would fix group 6 in any way. Currently group 6 can use 8 different Caitiff vamps as a support.

Marko, Prince of Helsinki

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.088 seconds