file Dance Macabre requirements

06 Jan 2014 06:48 #58231 by BobbyDoc
Sorry if this has been asked before.

For tournaments.

Printout - The printed DM card.
* Does it have to be in colour?
* How much is the printout to be allowed to deviate in size from a normal card?
* In case of bad quality of the printout I guess you can be disqualified/warned ?

Back-card - The card that is put behind the printout.
* Can you always chose not to glue it on the printout?
* Does it have to be a VTES card?
* How much in thickness is the back-card+printout allowed to deviate from a normal card?

Hmmm, that is all I think

Thx
Robert

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
06 Jan 2014 08:41 - 06 Jan 2014 08:42 #58233 by Ankha
See www.vekn.net/tournament-rules:

4. Tournament Game Rules
4.1. Cards Allowed

All cards in a player's deck must be genuine Vampire: The Eternal Struggle or Jyhad cards or official V:EKN issued cards from the only authoritative source www.vekn.net. When using V:EKN issued cards they must be color printed on standard paper and inserted into opaque sleeves before another Vampire: The Eternal Struggle or Jyhad card, this requires opaque sleeves for the whole crypt and/or library.

Quality is considered good enough if you can read the artist name. This ensures that all artists that worked for free on the set are rewarded.

You don't have to glue the paper on the card. Paper should be as thin as possible to make the cards less noticeable by touch or shuffling.

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director
Last edit: 06 Jan 2014 08:42 by Ankha.

More
06 Jan 2014 10:17 #58238 by BobbyDoc
Thx for the reply.
And what about the size?

/ R

More
06 Jan 2014 10:52 #58240 by jamesatzephyr

Thx for the reply.
And what about the size?

/ R

The PDFs as distributed should be printed "as-is" and cut out carefully, so the piece of paper you get is pretty much exactly the same size as a real card. If you print them any smaller, card text may get hard to read - especially as many of us will be using relatively cheap printers with ordinary paper. And don't forget that part of the point of a card isn't just for you to be able to read it, but for players cross-table to be able to identify it.

Be careful because some combination of your Operating System and/or your printer settings and/or your PDF viewer might not make it obvious that it's about to resize the output when you print it. In particular, when there's a difference between the paper you're printing on and the PDF yuo have between US Letter and A4 size, you can often find that the printout will be magically scaled to fit the paper.

More
06 Jan 2014 11:26 - 06 Jan 2014 11:29 #58245 by Pascal Bertrand

Sorry if this has been asked before.

For tournaments.

Printout - The printed DM card.
* Does it have to be in colour?

Yes (Tournament Rules 4.1).

* How much is the printout to be allowed to deviate in size from a normal card?

The generated .pdf files were created to be printed on A4 ( 8.27in x 11.69in, or 210mm x 297mm), which is slightly different from the US letter format (A4 is thiner and taller).

* In case of bad quality of the printout I guess you can be disqualified/warned ?

Judge's discretion.
[EDIT] Penalty guidelines are being re-written. I suppose the recommended penalty should be to remove some VPs from the player. But, once the new guidelines are published, it will still remain up to the Judge.

Back-card - The card that is put behind the printout.
* Can you always chose not to glue it on the printout?

Yes, and it is quite recommended (as it doesn't add another layer to the things in the sleeve).

* Does it have to be a VTES card?

Yes. A crypt card for the crypt, and a library card for the library (in order to avoid semi-translucid sleeves to let the information through - common example of "semi-translucid sleeves": Ultra Pro's white sleeves).

* How much in thickness is the back-card+printout allowed to deviate from a normal card?

Since I don't expect judges to carry micrometers, I will go with recommendations:
- Print on regular paper (80g/m²) (80 gm/m² is approx 22 pounds per ream).
- Cut so as the paper + card fit loosely in the sleeve (especially: the paper doesn't bend)
- If it's thicker than a card and two paper prints in a sleeve, it's too thick.

About the size (because sometimes, size does matter):
Apart from the black edges (can't remember the size, but I suppose < 0.1", or <0.3 cm), if you can see anything from the card behind the sleeve, then something is wrong. If the black edges of the printed card have been cut off, then something is wrong.
This should allow for ~10% inexactitude.
Last edit: 06 Jan 2014 11:29 by Pascal Bertrand.

More
06 Jan 2014 13:02 #58250 by Ankha
I've created a new Resource link (check the menu on the left) with all the details:

www.vekn.net/official-expansion-sets

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director
The following user(s) said Thank You: Damnans

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.094 seconds