file Time for negotiation after playing a card before terms are set

10 May 2014 07:42 #62008 by johannes

Nobody is trying to insert a loophole and of course there is room and need for discussion when the widespread reality is that people play it the way you think is illegal.

Source? In Paris, it's not "widespread" at all.

My personal experience:
- my playgroup
- last tournaments played in Germany/Belgium
- EC played in Stockholm

Multitude occasions each. Never was the judge called.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 May 2014 13:18 #62051 by Pascal Bertrand
Amongst other facts to take into consideration about this, please keep this example in mind:

Player A bleeds with basic Govern the Unaligned.
Player B declares a block attempt with, say, Keith Moody.
Player A plays Lost in Crowds (annouonces "Lost in crowds..."), and, player C shouts "For the love of meatballs, play that card at inferior or I'm ousted!"
Player A finishes playing his card with "at basic".

Did A cheat?
Did C cheat?
Did anyone do something they aren't allowed to do?

I challenge anyone to say in less than a second "Pentex Subversion on Neighbour John".

In the meantime, I'm thinking of a good way to deal with this. Err. To handle this. Dealing isn't allowed when announcing stuff ;)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ashur

More
10 May 2014 13:36 #62065 by ReverendRevolver
I was told once that you must announce SUP or its assumed INF unless of course its a combo card and only one isplayable.

I always annonce army of rats by sayi g to my prey "its only at inferior" ;)

As for permission to hunt, i still look around the table and ask "foul blood?"

I use a magic 8 ball as an edge. Lets all do that, and ask "can we negotiate" and shake it everytime pentex is played.

More
10 May 2014 14:10 #62077 by Brum
You could forbid players from interrupting or talking over the player that is playing a card.
Or you could just rule that it is illegal to deal while a card is being played.

I agree that once the card is showed, the terms/targets/etc. should be set without any conversation between players.
Unless Political Actions, of course. ;)

More
10 May 2014 16:13 #62106 by ReverendRevolver

You could forbid players from interrupting or talking over the player that is playing a card.
Or you could just rule that it is illegal to deal while a card is being played.

I agree that once the card is showed, the terms/targets/etc. should be set without any conversation between players.
Unless Political Actions, of course. ;)

Its ok, im playing Parity Shift at basic.

Also, kindred spirits bleeds, i only name a target if its someone other than my prey. Is this the same for other people? I typically play rushes by saying " im rushing......" lomg pause, and drop whatever card as i say who and how, and built in rushes i tap the minion and either announce the action or keep my hand on the rusher askng about rushing.

As for pascals example, id like to know if the rule is basic unless stated sup, or if an effect attaced to the sup(numeric value, total of a value after numeric variable added, additional presses, saying no option to block out for dawn op, etc)

So, conditioning is assumed superior if bleed of one isnt blocked, conditioning is played, and player says "now bleeding for 4" or whatever.

Timing wise, crosstable still in game can do anything that isnt blatant unsportsmanlike conduct, until they are oisted. Anyone in the game or a judge can talk aboit game state n such, spectators including ousted players cant. So, if effect was declared as SUP, no takesies backsies. Otherwise, its probably ok.

More
10 May 2014 18:54 #62138 by Juggernaut1981
Pascal, reinforce what the rules say...
A card is legally played if and only if it is
1 - Revealed to the other players
2 - Its cost could be paid at the moment it was revealed
3 - Its effects were declared and had valid target/s and those targets were chosen

It seems that trying to construct tournament or game rules to police against negotiation in a five player high negotiation game such as this is policing the wind and the tide.

:bruj::CEL::POT::PRE::tha: Baron of Sydney, Australia, 418

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.127 seconds