file Blessing of Chaos vs. Stealth

27 Sep 2014 18:56 #65836 by Khalid1988
Hello, I have a question about following scenario:

Joseph Cambridge bleeds with Vermin Channel, which Uncle George tries to block. Uncle George has Blessing of Chaos, but does not get any intercept, thus failing the block.

Can Uncle George gain the benefits of Blessing of Chaos in the situation described above? My assumption is yes but I would like a confirmation. That way it would be possible to prevent the playing of Conditioning even if you would have no real intention to block the action.

Name: Joseph Cambridge
[Third:V]
Cardtype: Vampire
Clan: Nosferatu antitribu
Group: 4
Capacity: 6
Discipline: ani dom obf POT
Sabbat bishop: Joseph gets an additional +1 stealth on political actions.
Artist: James Stowe

Name: Uncle George
[CE:V, Third:PM, BSC:X]
Cardtype: Vampire
Clan: Malkavian antitribu
Group: 3
Capacity: 5
Discipline: aus dom obf DEM
Sabbat.
Artist: Ken Meyer, Jr.

Name: Blessing of Chaos
[Sabbat:R, CE:PM, Third:PM]
Cardtype: Action
Cost: 1 blood
Discipline: Dementation
+1 stealth action.
[dem] Put this card on the acting vampire. If this vampire attempts to block, the acting vampire cannot play action modifiers requiring Dementation [dem], Chimerstry [chi], Dominate [dom] or Presence
. Vampires opposing this vampire in combat cannot play cards that require those Disciplines.
[DEM] As above, and actions requiring those Disciplines cannot be directed at this vampire.
Artist: Hannibal King

Name: Vermin Channel
[SoC:C]
Cardtype: Action
Clan: Nosferatu antitribu
+3 stealth action.
(D) Bleed.
Artist: Thomas Manning

Prince of Tikkurila, known as Teemu P in Lackey CCG
File Attachment:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
27 Sep 2014 23:33 #65838 by Randy
I would agree but as the acting minion Joseph Cambridge has the impulse to play prior to blockas are declared. Somthing I would do if I see a minion this blessing in play

Prince of Lidingö

More
28 Sep 2014 05:45 #65841 by PetriWessman

I would agree but as the acting minion Joseph Cambridge has the impulse to play prior to blockas are declared. Somthing I would do if I see a minion this blessing in play

Exactly. The acting minion cannot play Conditioning (or others) after Uncle George declares a block attempt (success does not matter), but he can play it before the block attempt, while he has the impulse.

As an aside, one of the more amusing aspects of Blessing is that it totally screws over decks relying on bloat via Voter Captivation. As long as a minion with Blessing just attempts to block the political action, the acting minion can't voter cap. Or play Awe, or...

Honestly, if I was building a Dementation deck which wasn't the normal bleed-cheese, I'd put multiple copies of Blessing in. It's a great card.

More
30 Sep 2014 08:17 #65891 by Pascal Bertrand
Correct answers.
Once blessed George declared a block attempt, there is no possibility to play Conditioning.

The precedent was with Valerius adv.

More
30 Sep 2014 09:34 - 30 Sep 2014 09:35 #65895 by extrala
On a related issue: Can I play superior Perfect Paragon before George can attempt to block? Or asked the way around: Can I play cards to reduce intercept before any intercept attempt has been made? The rules state that you cannot add stealth when none is needed, but what about reduction of intercept?

Name: Perfect Paragon
[KoT:U]
Cardtype: Action Modifier
Discipline: Presence

Only usable during a referendum. This vampire gains 3 votes.
 Allies and younger vampires get -1 intercept when attempting to block this action.

Last edit: 30 Sep 2014 09:35 by extrala.

More
30 Sep 2014 09:42 #65896 by Timo

On a related issue: Can I play superior Perfect Paragon before George can attempt to block? Or asked the way around: Can I play cards to reduce intercept before any intercept attempt has been made? The rules state that you cannot add stealth when none is needed, but what about reduction of intercept?

Name: Perfect Paragon
[KoT:U]
Cardtype: Action Modifier
Discipline: Presence

Only usable during a referendum. This vampire gains 3 votes.
 Allies and younger vampires get -1 intercept when attempting to block this action.

Yes we can ! (c)

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.097 seconds