file Basic Question

14 Oct 2014 18:41 #66591 by jamesatzephyr
Replied by jamesatzephyr on topic Re: Basic Question

I may have more questions down the road and hope the community won't be bothered by their rudimentary nature.

Bring beer and chocolate and everything will go just fine!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Squidalot

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 Oct 2014 18:54 #66646 by Eadan
Replied by Eadan on topic Re: Basic Question
Can action Modifiers be played on cardless actions?

Am I correct: Action Modifiers are allowed only by the player taking the original action?

I know these are basic questions for you guys, but the rules can be a bit vague at times. Any help you can offer would be appreciated. :)

More
15 Oct 2014 19:01 #66647 by jozxyqk
Replied by jozxyqk on topic Re: Basic Question

Can action Modifiers be played on cardless actions?

Yep.

Am I correct: Action Modifiers are allowed only by the player taking the original action?

Correct. And usually only by the minion who is acting (except when card text says otherwise, like Cloak the Gathering).

More
15 Oct 2014 19:56 - 15 Oct 2014 19:56 #66649 by Ankha
Replied by Ankha on topic Re: Basic Question
Here's a quick summary:

An untapped minion (= vampire or ally) can take an action by tapping and playing an action card, or by taking a default action listed in the rulebook (hunt, bleed, diablerie, etc.)

During that action, the now acting minion can play action modifiers, for instance to increase the stealth of the action, or the bleed amount of the bleed action (you can't increase a bleed on a non-bleed action by the way, nor gain stealth if no additional stealth is needed).

During that action, minions controlled by the other Methuselahs can play reaction card, typically gain intercept to attempt to block the acting minion (you can't gain intercept if no additional intercept is needed).

After the action resolves (= either is blocked or is successful to make it short), another untapped minion you control can take the next action.

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director
Last edit: 15 Oct 2014 19:56 by Ankha.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.089 seconds