file Redistribution and two different Blood Brother players

13 Dec 2019 13:03 #98236 by Boris The Blade
So how to announce the action? Do you have to declare which minions will be affected?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 Dec 2019 22:33 #98246 by jamesatzephyr

So how to announce the action? Do you have to declare which minions will be affected?

That would be consistent with the rulebook:

All details of the action are declared when the action is announced, including the target(s), the cost, the effects, etc.

Precedent from Rave suggests that if you lose some of the blood between then and resolution (e.g. paying for an action modifier), you move as much as you can.
[LSJ 20011123]

> When you declare an action you ahve to announce all terms. So that means
> when you're doing a Rave with your vamp with 6 blood you will have to tell
> in advance how much blood you're going to move and to who, right? And if I

Yes.

> want to move my 6 blood and get blocked and I pay 1 blood to stealth then
> the action will fizzle as I now inly have 5 blood to move?

No. You move what you can - you choose who gets shorted.

In general, cards that appear to target blood counters actually target the vampire they're on, and move as much blood as possible if not. e.g. if you steal 2 blood from the opposing minion and they pay for their strike costing 1 blood, you steal the 1 remaining blood rather than having your strike fizzle.

More
15 Dec 2019 16:43 #98254 by Boris The Blade
I am a bit worried about the practical aspect of things here. That can be a lot of stuff to announce and to remember, and with the Kiev circle having access to Form of Mist, there can be a lot of time between the action declaration and resolution.

More
16 Dec 2019 00:00 #98258 by jamesatzephyr

I am a bit worried about the practical aspect of things here.

If it's complicated, write it down. Or jot it down on your smartphone. Or use a smartphone to record yourself saying it and play it back. It shouldn't be hard to scribble a handful of numbers onto a scrap of paper. Admittedly, Mexico City might have a few more than that.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.052 seconds