file Kaymakli Fragment

02 Aug 2011 12:12 #7229 by TryDeflectingThisGrapple

I'd say that it is way easiest to adhere to LSJ's rulings than to start revising some of them.

Ye firste rulese art in ye rulebooke.
Ye seconde rulese art in ye cards but overriding ye rulebooke.
Ye thirde rulese art in ye rulings of ye venerable LSJ.
Ye fourthe rulese art in ye rulings of ye new rulemongere, Pascal.
Ye fifthe rule is that all ye othere interpretation of ye rulese art likely to be heretical.

I might respectfuilly submit that, in the current world, rule the thirde should be rule the firste. We have a rulesmongers for a reason. He MUST have the ability to alter both the rulebook itself and LSJ's rulings if needed.

This allows Pascal to fix newly any discovered, broken interactions, either with existing or newly printed cards.

Just sayin'

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
28 Sep 2011 02:38 #11072 by Sudden Reversal

Although, having said that I'd still be happy if you'd actually couldn't use Villein on vamps with less than 2 blood... But you really can't have everything and if I could I'd have a pony!

The only LSJ ruling I have ardently disagreed with.

As for the Pony, here are two made to order.

Aaron
Archbishop
Adelaide
The following user(s) said Thank You: KevinM

More
28 Sep 2011 12:58 #11088 by Lönkka
Replied by Lönkka on topic Re: Kamakli Fragment

As for the Pony, here are two made to order.

Yeee -haw!

Finnish :POT: Politics!

• Lönkka
  • Antediluvian
  • Antediluvian
  • War=peace, freedom=slavery, ignorance=strength
More
29 Sep 2011 16:00 #11150 by cauecoraini
Replied by cauecoraini on topic Re: Kamakli Fragment
The rulebook is being adhered to in this case. LSJ is not arbitrary, but very consistent at his rulings.
The rules says the you cannot take the SAME action, based on a card in play, and you´re not taking the SAME action.
A Govern is always a Govern, at inferior or at superior, so its the SAME action and is affected by NRA, but as the fragments say:

This Sabbat vampire may allow you to draw 5 cards from your library as an action (discard afterward). <this is one separated action>. This infernal minion may move 3 blood from the bank to a vampire in your uncontrolled region as a<nother> +1 stealth action.
So the rulings are not conflitant neither contradicted.

More
29 Sep 2011 16:49 #11155 by AaronC
Replied by AaronC on topic Re: Kamakli Fragment

The rulebook is being adhered to in this case. LSJ is not arbitrary, but very consistent at his rulings.
The rules says the you cannot take the SAME action, based on a card in play, and you´re not taking the SAME action.

Sorry to contradict you, but that is not what the rules say:

Rulebook, section 6.1.6.:
A minion cannot perform an action with the same action card or via the same card in play (including from the minion's own card text) more than once each turn, even if he untaps.

Although the indefinite article (an action) is a bit ambiguous, the most literal interpretation of the rule is that you can't take any more than one action from the same card in play per turn.

Both LSJ (in the original ruling) and Pascal have acknowledged that the ruling being discussed was a change in the rules.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.085 seconds