file Temptation question

20 Feb 2015 21:07 #69365 by Hakuron
Temptation question was created by Hakuron

Temptation

:action:

1 :blood:

:ser: (D) Put this card on a ready vampire; you still control this card. During your master phase, you may put a counter on this card. During your minion phase, if the number of counters on this card equals or exceeds the amount of blood on this vampire, you may burn the counters to untap this vampire and take control of him or her until the end of the turn.
:SER: As above, and add a counter when you play this card.

Can you "activate" a Temptation with zero "counters" to allow a vampire with zero blood to hunt?

Thanks in advance!

National Coordinator Germany
nc [dot] germany [at] magenta [dot] de

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
20 Feb 2015 21:21 #69366 by jpas
Replied by jpas on topic Re: Temptation question
Yes. All the requirements of the card are met if the vampire with it has zero blood.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Hakuron

More
20 Feb 2015 23:15 #69368 by jamesatzephyr

Can you "activate" a Temptation with zero "counters" to allow a vampire with zero blood to hunt?

Yes. But note that you can only activate it once per minion phase, due to the "During X, do Y" phrasing. [LSJ 20080828]

It's not uncommon to see people put Temptation on their own vampire so that they can take control of it and untap it in this sort of circumstance, using it as a weaker but permanent Freak Drive.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Hakuron

More
21 Feb 2015 10:47 #69374 by Hakuron
Replied by Hakuron on topic Re: Temptation question
Thank you!

I frequently use Temptation on my own vampires, but I have never used it with zero counters ... Awesome card, now even more!

:woohoo:

National Coordinator Germany
nc [dot] germany [at] magenta [dot] de

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.074 seconds