file Re: blood brother dual form / embrace

14 Apr 2015 04:27 #70549 by gotcha
I guess not but just to make sure I cannot make the fun deck:
An embrace made by or a dual form played by a blood brother is a blood brother but not part of their circle, right?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 Apr 2015 04:39 #70550 by Ankha
Please include the relevant card texts: we are glad to answer, but you must make the mininum effort (it's not the first time).

Name: Dual Form
Cardtype: Action
Cost: 2 blood
Discipline: Protean
+1 stealth action.
[pro] Untap this vampire. During this minion phase, you may untap this vampire again.
[PRO] This acting vampire's capacity is reduced by 1. Put this card in play, tapped. It becomes a non-unique vampire with the same clan, capacity and Disciplines as the acting vampire. You may move up to 2 blood from the acting vampire to this vampire. If either minion leaves the ready region, the other is burned.

Name: The Embrace
Cardtype: Action
Cost: 2 blood
+1 stealth action. Requires a ready non-Sterile vampire.
Put this card in play; it becomes a non-unique vampire with 1 capacity of the same clan as the acting vampire. This vampire must hunt this turn.

First of all, all Blood Brothers are sterile so they can't play those cards. Even if they could play the card, the Dual Form doesn't copy anything else than the "clan, capacity and Disciplines" so it doesn't copy the circle. Embrace creates a vampire "of the same clan" and doesn't copy the circle.

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director

More
14 Apr 2015 04:51 #70552 by gotcha
Right! Sorry (I was all ready happy I posted it in the right section but I will try to do it completely right next time)
Thank you!

More
14 Apr 2015 04:55 #70553 by chrisn101

More
14 Apr 2015 08:11 #70555 by drnlmza

First of all, all Blood Brothers are sterile so they can't play those cards.

Not completely true - the Hermana's of the Mexico Circle aren't sterile.

Sabbat. Mexico City Circle: Hermanas are not unique. When moved to the ready region in your influence phase, this vampire burns 2 blood or is burned.

(and likewise for Hermana Mayor)

There are also tricks like Clan Impersonation or Qadir to create non-Sterile Blood Brothers.

Even if they could play the card, the Dual Form doesn't copy anything else than the "clan, capacity and Disciplines" so it doesn't copy the circle. Embrace creates a vampire "of the same clan" and doesn't copy the circle.

That is correct though

--
National Coordinator
South Africa

More
14 Apr 2015 19:17 #70561 by self biased

There are also tricks like Clan Impersonation or Qadir to create non-Sterile Blood Brothers.

i'd be shocked if clan impersonation actually worked like that.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.060 seconds