file fabrizia contreraz

13 Jul 2015 16:12 #72030 by Pascal Bertrand

www.vekn.net/images/stories/downloads/spanish/cardlist_esp.txt

The Spanish translate of the card it's prety clear:

"Arzobispo Sabbat de Miami: Si tu presa --no controla-- a ningún vampiro Camarilla, Fabrizia consigue 2 votos menos en cada referéndum."

not controls like you say :)

Thx

Pretty clear, and also incorrect. Fabrizia loses her votes when your prey's only vampire - Anson - goes to torpor.

A better wording for the Spanish version would be "Arzobispo Sabbat de Miami: Si tu presa --no controla-- a ningún vampiro Camarilla listo, Fabrizia consigue 2 votos menos en cada referéndum." (or the appropriate word for "ready")

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 Jul 2015 16:29 - 13 Jul 2015 16:30 #72031 by jamesatzephyr

Ok, the problem is that in spanish for us (non english experts) the "no" word aplies to the rest of the sentence

"I have no chocolate ice cream" means that the amount of chocolate ice cream I have is zero. It does not mean that I have ice cream which is non-chocolate - I might, or I might not, but the sentence "I have no chocolate ice cream" does not say whether I do or not.

"There are no blue flowers in the vase" would be true even if the vase is empty. It does not mean that there are flowers in the vase which are non-blue.
Last edit: 13 Jul 2015 16:30 by jamesatzephyr.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Charles_Bronson

More
13 Jul 2015 18:01 #72035 by enriquesmw
Replied by enriquesmw on topic Re: fabrizia contreraz

Ok, the problem is that in spanish for us (non english experts) the "no" word aplies to the rest of the sentence

"I have no chocolate ice cream" means that the amount of chocolate ice cream I have is zero. It does not mean that I have ice cream which is non-chocolate - I might, or I might not, but the sentence "I have no chocolate ice cream" does not say whether I do or not.

"There are no blue flowers in the vase" would be true even if the vase is empty. It does not mean that there are flowers in the vase which are non-blue.

This is a very good answer, thanks to all now i think that this is much more clear :)

More
13 Jul 2015 18:04 #72036 by enriquesmw
Replied by enriquesmw on topic Re: fabrizia contreraz
Yes, i hope that dammans can update the card list translation and we (the players) never forget that is a translation and not the official source of the text of the cards.

In my personal case i was out of the game from 2007, so for that we are recently trying to start playing again, so this clarifications are very good for us, thx :)

www.vekn.net/images/stories/downloads/spanish/cardlist_esp.txt

The Spanish translate of the card it's prety clear:

"Arzobispo Sabbat de Miami: Si tu presa --no controla-- a ningún vampiro Camarilla, Fabrizia consigue 2 votos menos en cada referéndum."

not controls like you say :)

Thx

Pretty clear, and also incorrect. Fabrizia loses her votes when your prey's only vampire - Anson - goes to torpor.

A better wording for the Spanish version would be "Arzobispo Sabbat de Miami: Si tu presa --no controla-- a ningún vampiro Camarilla listo, Fabrizia consigue 2 votos menos en cada referéndum." (or the appropriate word for "ready")

More
14 Jul 2015 15:55 #72052 by Klaital
Replied by Klaital on topic Re: fabrizia contreraz
Also note that regardless of whether your prey has camarilla vampire or not, Fabrizia will still be archbishop, and thus can play any cards requiring an archbishop, even if she has no votes.

More
04 Oct 2020 21:12 #100852 by beslin igor
Replied by beslin igor on topic Re: fabrizia contreraz

Also: she has her 2 votes only while you prey controls a ready Camarilla vampire.

Best explanation!
I always have problem to understand Fabrizia text,and I beleive more people have problem too,is complicated.
Maybe is time to she text be changed to everyone understand when read card 1 time,no 3 times?!
Ankha text is best to understand,anyone agre with me?

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.095 seconds