file The not Anarch Barons

18 Nov 2015 06:25 - 18 Nov 2015 06:51 #74362 by Ankha
Replied by Ankha on topic Re: The not Anarch Barons

Could I get a native english speaker to confirm this?

Confirmed.

except yhis is wrong and Baron Dxxxxx is a "baron". He may not be game "special text" baron "title" but by his name his is a baron.

It could be his first name.

Was Francis Bacon a tasty slice of bacon / Was he a "bacon"?

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director
Last edit: 18 Nov 2015 06:51 by Ankha.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 Nov 2015 06:58 #74400 by Jesper
Replied by Jesper on topic Re: The not Anarch Barons

Confirmed.

except yhis is wrong and Baron Dxxxxx is a "baron". He may not be game "special text" baron "title" but by his name his is a baron.

It could be his first name.

Was Francis Bacon a tasty slice of bacon / Was he a "bacon"?

Yeah it could be his name, but that still makes him "a baron". Just like I am "a jesper".

I havent said at anypoint he is "he have a baron title which is defined in v:tes rules". But Chameleon dosent state "Requires the title of baron". It just says "Requires a baron".

Francis from your examepel is "a bacon" - and yeah you can have a "slice of bacon" eating him. I dont know if it would be tasty - and proberly illegal in most countries.

In most games you could argue and just say that the name is not part of rules text. Except you cant in this game.

And yeah, we had this happening in a tournement where a new player was kinda dissapointed when he figured out the deck he brought dident work. And there is really no explanation other then some card designer used a sloppy gramma and no I cant tell you rulewise why this is so, so yeah you had no way to know the fact.

More
19 Nov 2015 08:51 - 19 Nov 2015 08:52 #74409 by Ankha
Replied by Ankha on topic Re: The not Anarch Barons

I havent said at anypoint he is "he have a baron title which is defined in v:tes rules". But Chameleon dosent state "Requires the title of baron". It just says "Requires a baron".

It wouldn't change anything, because baron is a title in real life, and in the game.
So your player would have make the same mistake.
But then, he would probably play an unnamed deck trying to be immune to cards that say "he or she", since unnamed is a "it".

Or he can learn from his mistake, or ask first when in doubt.

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director
Last edit: 19 Nov 2015 08:52 by Ankha.

More
19 Nov 2015 09:19 #74413 by BenPeal
Replied by BenPeal on topic Re: The not Anarch Barons

Yeah it could be his name, but that still makes him "a baron". Just like I am "a jesper".

Francis from your examepel is "a bacon" - and yeah you can have a "slice of bacon" eating him. I dont know if it would be tasty - and proberly illegal in most countries.

In most games you could argue and just say that the name is not part of rules text. Except you cant in this game.

And yeah, we had this happening in a tournement where a new player was kinda dissapointed when he figured out the deck he brought dident work. And there is really no explanation other then some card designer used a sloppy gramma and no I cant tell you rulewise why this is so, so yeah you had no way to know the fact.

As Pascal said:

Eze is not a Demon. Eze is not a Prince. Blood Brother Ambush is not a Blood Brother. Carlotta Giovanni who changed clan with Clan Impersonation is no longer "a Giovanni" (though the card's name remains the same).

Something was not clear in the rules, so you asked for a ruling. You got a ruling. You are rejecting the ruling because it's not clear in the rules. Now what?

More
19 Nov 2015 11:48 #74423 by 2wayspeaker

But then, he would probably play an unnamed deck trying to be immune to cards that say "he or she", since unnamed is a "it".

But that's covered in the intro that all methuselah's are "She" and all vampire's are "He" for the purpose of the vtes rules.

More
19 Nov 2015 12:25 #74425 by Jesper
Replied by Jesper on topic Re: The not Anarch Barons
Pascal wrote:

Jesper wrote:
You can get anyone's answer to this question. However, any answer not according to the Rule Director's answer would happen to be incorrect.

Well I know you are powerfull but I was asking for an interpetation on the wording here, since there was no rule and we coulndet agree on the meaning. And I belive you still dont define the english language ;o)

As Pascal said:

Eze is not a Demon. Eze is not a Prince. Blood Brother Ambush is not a Blood Brother. Carlotta Giovanni who changed clan with Clan Impersonation is no longer "a Giovanni" (though the card's name remains the same).

Something was not clear in the rules, so you asked for a ruling. You got a ruling. You are rejecting the ruling because it's not clear in the rules. Now what?

[/quote]

Now it get adds to the rulings of every vampire in wich there could be a misunderstanding ;o) At least I hope.

So people do have to find random rulings on random web posts.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.102 seconds