file The not Anarch Barons

17 Nov 2015 11:01 #74346 by D-dennis
Replied by D-dennis on topic Re: The not Anarch Barons
Even difficult problems require simple solutions: The vampire formerly known as Baron, The :evil:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 Nov 2015 11:14 #74347 by jamesatzephyr

I was under the impression that I was "a Jesper" e.g. "Could you find a Jesper in the crowd" which would make perfectly good sense if a crowd have severl Jespers and you only need one of them?

You can use any of the barons you have to play the card, yes. A vampire whose name is Baron is not the same as having a baron, any more than naming your firstborn Pope will let him wield papal infallibility.

Therefor I cant understand why "Baron Diedonna" aint a Baron?

Baron is defined as a title that can only be held by independent-and-anarch vampires (Rulebook, 10.5). Baron Dieudonne is a Camarilla Prince. By your reasoning, he has two titles, including one he can't hold.

Along similar lines:

- Eze, the Demon Prince cannot play Second Tradition, Third Tradition, or Parity Shift.
- Lucinde, Alastor and Tatiana Stepanova, Alastor can be the target of the "Alastor" vote. Its card text says "A vampire may have only one Alastor." and they can have an Alastor card even if they already have an Alastor in their name.
- Roland Bishop is not a bishop.

More
17 Nov 2015 12:10 #74348 by Jesper
Replied by Jesper on topic Re: The not Anarch Barons
Chamelon dosent specife that you require a baron title, just a baron.

And we all know the golden rule

Ill just shut up for now. Even Im still sure that you are using sloppy gramma to get your point right.

At least I found out that im no longer a Jesper according to the v:tes community.

/ no-longer-Jesper

More
17 Nov 2015 12:20 #74350 by Pascal Bertrand

I was under the impression that I was "a Jesper" e.g. "Could you find a Jesper in the crowd" which would make perfectly good sense if a crowd have severl Jespers and you only need one of them?

The Baron is not "a Baron", he's "one instance of the card that has 'The Baron' as its name". "Baron/baron" is a title a card can have.

Could I get a native english speaker to confirm this?

You can get anyone's answer to this question. However, any answer not according to the Rule Director's answer would happen to be incorrect.

None of the cards you mention say the vampires they portray are barons.

Eze is not a Demon. Eze is not a Prince. Blood Brother Ambush is not a Blood Brother. Carlotta Giovanni who changed clan with Clan Impersonation is no longer "a Giovanni" (though the card's name remains the same).

Some cards do mention others in their text. That happens.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kushiel, Ankha

More
17 Nov 2015 18:30 #74355 by cordovader
If someone plays Jorge de la Muerte would I contest myself with him? :D
The following user(s) said Thank You: brettscho

More
17 Nov 2015 23:06 #74358 by Squidalot
Replied by Squidalot on topic Re: The not Anarch Barons

Could I get a native english speaker to confirm this?

Confirmed.

except yhis is wrong and Baron Dxxxxx is a "baron". He may not be game "special text" baron "title" but by his name his is a baron.

I think what Jesper is trying to highlight the dangers of games with adequate keytext!
He remains, a Jesper.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.094 seconds