file Malkavian Dementia + Time Auction

23 Apr 2016 13:28 #76619 by Keiran
When I play Malkavian Dementia, I take a temporary control of the Malkavian, controlled by another Mathusellah. Then, in the second master phase action, I play Malkavian Time Auction, and sell this Malkavian, so it's owner changes. Does vampire return to owner from whom I steal it on my next untap phase?

Malkavian Dementia
Master. Take control of a ready Malkavian that another Methuselah controls until your next untap phase

Malkavian Time Auction
Master. Choose a card you control. Starting to your left and proceeding clockwise, other Methuselahs may bid pool for control of that card. Highest bidder takes control of the card. You collect pool from the two highest bidders.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
30 Apr 2016 11:19 #76713 by jamesatzephyr

When I play Malkavian Dementia, I take a temporary control of the Malkavian, controlled by another Mathusellah. Then, in the second master phase action, I play Malkavian Time Auction, and sell this Malkavian, so it's owner changes. Does vampire return to owner from whom I steal it on my next untap phase?

When the permanent control changes, the temporary control effect is broken and forgotten. The vampire stays with its new controller.

Me citing LSJ in a previous rules thread .

[LSJ 20010330]

> You can use Malkavian Time Auction to auction off "a card you control". I
> presume that even if this is a card you temporarily control (e.g. thru Mind
> Rape, Temptation, or Malkavian Dementia), the new owner will take permanent
> control of this card.
>
> Could someone confirm or deny this??

Confirmed.
Any change of permanent control effective terminates all lingering temporary
control effects.
The new permanent controller takes undisputed permanent control.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Keiran

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.047 seconds