08 Jun 2016 17:05 #77139 by TwoRazorReign

Other cards:

Name: Cleansing Ritual
[LoB:R]
Cardtype: Action
Cost: 1 blood
Discipline: Obeah/Dominate
+1 stealth action.
[dom] Add 1 blood to a vampire you control.

Name: Jungle Hunting Ground
[LoB:PA]
Cardtype: Master
Clan: Akunanse
Cost: 1 pool
Master: unique location. Hunting ground.
Tap during your untap phase to add 1 blood to this card if it has fewer than 3 blood. ...

Rejuvenate / Respire

Name: Transfusion
[LoB:C]
Cardtype: Action Modifier
Discipline: Thanatosis/Necromancy
[nec] Only usable after a successful action. Add 1 blood to a ready vampire.

Most cards include the "from the blood bank" language. I agree that "add x blood" is short and clean language in a vacuum, but the risk of confusion is increased when the text for Thing/Cleansing Ritual/Transfusion expresses the exact same effect using different language than the text for superior Govern the Unaligned, which is a card virtually every player is familiar with and has included the “blood bank” language since Jyhad. The cards you cite have set a bad precedent by not following the same template as the staple cards.

Govern the Unaligned
[Sabbat War]
Cardtype: Action
Discipline: Dominate
[dom] (D) Bleed with +2 bleed.
[DOM] +1 stealth action. Move 3 blood from the blood bank to a younger vampire in your uncontrolled region.
The following user(s) said Thank You: brettscho

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
08 Jun 2016 22:04 #77140 by brettscho
Sorry for the late reply - I was traveling all yesterday. Anyway, thanks everybody for the replies! I very much support the proposed change in text. Eliminating terminology should be encouraged, especially when that terminology isn't really used by the game in a meaningful way. I think the proposed change is clear and I'd like to see it implemented if/when VTES gets reprinted. I just wonder how wise it is to switch the wording right now in an environment when all the old cards still have the old wording. But honestly, I don't know if there is a "right" answer. VTES just has so many poorly worded cards and the phrasing is so wildly inconsistent that I don't really see a solution until a reprint happens.

Thanks again for the explanation!

Check out my VTES blog: Gaming with BS

I also host a google doc which separates the TWDA into clans . That means I track how often clans win, which crypt groups get used, and how many people attend events. You can access all of that info here:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.063 seconds